- Nick Martini (LF): 0-3, 2 BB, 2 K
- Tyler O’Neill (CF): 2-5, R
- Jose Adolis Garcia (RF): 0-3, R
- Jacob Wilson (1B): 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- Aledmys Diaz (3B): 0-4, R
- Patrick Wisdom (DH): 0-4, 2 K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 1-3, R
- Tommy Edman (2B): 0-1
- Wilfredo Tovar (SS): 2-4
- Jeremy Martinez (C): 0-1, RBI, BB
- Gabriel Lino (C): 0-0, BB
- Dakota Hudson (SP): 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K
- Josh Zeid (RP): 1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
- Rowan Wick (RP): 1 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Mark Montgomery (RP): 1 IP, 1 K
- Miguel Socolovich (RP): 1 IP, 2 K
- Mike Mayers (RP): 1 IP, 1 BB, 1 K
The Redbirds struck early, a Tyler O’Neill single and Adolis Garcia HBP put two runners on for Jake Wilson who doubled them both in...A one out single by Breyvic Valera in the 4th and some heads up base running gave the Redbirds their 3rd run, but that is all they could muster. The rest of the Bulls’ er bullpen provided 5 innings of 1 hit shutout baseball...Dakota Hudson turned in 3 solid innings allowing 1 run on a Kean Wong double and striking out 5 to go along with 3 groundouts, but it also took him 58 pitches. So Memphis manager Stubby Clapp went to his pen early and brought in Josh Zeid, and it did not go well. Zeid allowed four runs, all of them coming on a Kean Wong grand slam...The Memphis pen was lights out the rest of the way, allowing 2 base runners and striking out 7 over the final 4 innings, but Redbirds would not lead again.
The Redbirds missed a chance to capture their first AAA National Championship, but still finished the year with the best record in the PCL as well as the post season champs.
This is my last DFR, guys, I have a couple of ideas for off-season posts I'm kicking around that I hope to actually put together this year, and I'd be happy to offer my input again when rb posts his prospect rankings. But if I end up procrastinating again this winter, well, it's been real.