Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- What to make of Matt Carpenter’s first base defense: John addresses Matt Carpenter's defensive versatility and what the future may hold for the Opening Night first baseman.
- Luke Weaver's Next Step to Stardom: I look at Luke Weaver's recent excellence and what it will take for him to advance his career.
- Ryan Sherriff and Mike Matheny’s decision to use him: Craig analyzes Mike Matheny's handling of the bullpen, specifically at the turning point in Wednesday's loss to the Reds.
- Carlos Martínez records his 200th strikeout - A Hunt and Peck: Your weekly edition of Tsunamy Thursday.
- Cards Take Series from Reds with 5-2 Win: The Cardinals won yesterday's baseball game, a good event in my opinion.
- Reds v Cardinals Lineups, Game Thread, September 14: In case you're into that kind of thing.
Today in Birdos history: September 15th, 1968
Curt Flood tallies five hits while Roger Maris clubs the 275th–and final–regular season home run of his career, leading the Cardinals to a pennant-clinching 7-4 win at Houston.
Have a good one,