Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- Growing old with Yadier Molina: Carson Kelly's promotion has increased the tension between Molina and his manager. John takes a look at what the future catching situation will entail for all parties involved.
- Daily Farm Report: Evan Mendoza is a Man Among Boys, Eliezer Alvarez Goes Deep, Sandy Alcantara on the Bump: Nick has you covered regarding all things Birdos-to-be.
- A positive view of the Cardinals trade deadline: Tyler–hey, that's me! I explain how bad timing forced the Cardinals to stay quiet this deadline...and why that's okay.
- Carlos Martínez has got the moves: Heather has your weekly filling of Tsunamy goodness.
- The Cardinals Refuse to Be .500: The Cardinals should have destroyed the Brewers. Spoiler alert: they didn't.
Today in Birdos history: August 4th, 1968
47,445, including Stan Musial and his teammates from his 1941 rookie season, were on hand to witness the unveiling of a ten-foot tall bronze statue depicting The Man outside the entrance to Busch Stadium II.
Have a good one,