Iowa 4, Memphis 5
- Harrison Bader - 1-4, R, 3 K
- Alex Mejia - 1-4, R, BB, 3 K
- Tyler O’Neill - 1-4, 2 K
- Aledmys Diaz - 1-2, R, RBI
- Patrick Wisdom - 2-4, R, HR (30), 2 RBI
- Jordan Schafer - 3-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Dakota Hudson - 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 BB, K
Watching Harrison Bader scuffle a bit lately keeps bringing me back to various scouts’ opinions that he might be more of a 4th outfield type as opposed to a starter. I don’t see him as being any better than what the Cardinals have run out in Right Field this year. I love his hustle, attitude, speed and defense, and I still think he’ll be a decent piece, but counting on Bader to provide starting outfield numbers at the big league level would be a massive mistake.
Patrick Wisdom has put together a nice year. 30 HR’s at Memphis is nothing to sneeze at.
Dakota Hudson got the win, but his peripherals are not great. Surprisingly, he has maintained a low strikeout rate for the whole year and it has dipped at Memphis (4.42 K/9). The walk rate has ballooned to 3.49 BB/9. His FIP is 4.58 and his xFIP is 5.08, which backs up his so-so numbers. He’ll be back in AAA again next season trying to right the ship.
Arkansas 3, Springfield 0
- Oscar Mercado - 2-4, K
- Magneuris Sierra - 0-3
- Jose Adolia Garcia - 0-3
- Darren Seferina - 0-3
- Andrew Knizner - 1-3
- John Nogowski - 0-3
- Eliezer Alvarez - 0-3, K
- Tommy Edman - 0-3
- Zac Gallen - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 4 K
- Rowan Wick - 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K
Not a whole lot to say about this game. Springfield had 3 hits. 2 of those hits were from Oscar Mercado. Magneuris Sierra has come down to earth a bit.
I thought Rowan Wick was much farther along as a pitcher coming into this season. I thought he might push for a bullpen role this year. Sadly, it hasn’t worked out that way.
Congrats to Andrew Knizner and John Nogowski on their Arizona Fall League assignments!
Daytona 1, Palm Beach 4
- Chris Chinea - 2-3, R, RBI, BB, K
- Leobaldo Pina - 2-4, R, RBI
- Edmundo Sosa - 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Ramon Santos - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 K
Ramon Santos had the best start of the night in the Minor League system. At 22, he’s put up decent numbers at Peoria and Palm Beach this year. Might be a decent back-end type to keep an eye on.
Quad Cities 3, Peoria 4
- Mick Fennell - 2-3, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Kramer Robertson - 0-4, R, BB, K
- Evan Mendoza - 1-4, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K
- Juan Yepez - 0-4, 2 K
- J.R. Davis - 0-3, R, BB
- Nick Plummer - 1-3, R, BB, K
- Ian Oxnevad - 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 4 K
Mick Fennell was on-base 4 times last night. Ian Oxnevad pitched was almost on the hook for the loss, but Peoria scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to complete the comeback.
State College 3, West Virginia 2
- Scott Hurst - 1-3, BB, SB
- Bryce Denton - 1-4, RBI
- Wood Myers - 2-4, SB
- Caleb Lopes - 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- Yariel Gonzalez - 0-4
- Andrew Summerville - 6.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
State College scored 1 run in the 7th, 8th, and, 9th innings to erase a 2-0 deficit.
Bluefield 5, Johnson City 2
- Irving Lopez - 1-4, 2 K
- Brady Whalen - 0-4, 2 K
- Luis Bandes - 2-4, R, HR (10), RBI, 2 K
- Imeldo Diaz - 1-3, K
- Stanley Espinal - 0-3
- Carlos Talavera - 0-2, BB, K
GCL Cardinals 6, GCL Astros 0 (Game 1)
- Jonathan Machado - 0-3, RBI
- Taylor Bryant - 2-3, R, RBI, BB
- Terry Fuller - 0-2, R, BB, K
- Donivan Williams - 0-2, R
- Angel Rondon - 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
GCL Cardinals 0, GCL Astros 3 (Game 2)
- Donivan Williams - 0-3, 2 K
- Taylor Bryant - 1-3, K
- Terry Fuller - 0-3, 2 K
Palm Beach: O’Reilly
State College: TBD
Johnson City: Changarotty