Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- Is Tommy Pham baseball’s biggest surprise?: Tommy Pham might be the Cardinals' most valuable player in 2017. John stacks him up against fellow improbable team WAR leaders.
- Lethal Pitch Sequencing with Trevor Rosenthal: I dive into Trevor Rosenthal's electric 2017 and examine how a secondary pitch has lifted him to new heights.
- Daily Farm Report: Gomber Scoreless Streak Continues, Jonathan Machado Tearing Up the GCL: Nick has the details from the six Cardinals affiliates who saw action on Wednesday.
- carlos martínez will wear "tsunami" on his jersey: Heather breaks down the Cardinals' nickname selections for Players' Week, namely Carlos Martinez.
- Cardinals win sixth straight, are one game back in the Central - A recap from August 10, 2017: Hey, the baseball game was good!
Today in Birdos history: August 11th, 1907
Cardinals southpaw Ed Karger throws a perfect game against the Boston Doves (now the Atlanta Braves) in the second leg of a Sunday doubleheader. Both teams agreed to shorten the game to seven innings prior to first pitch, making this the only abridged no-hitter (excluding games called due to weather or darkness) in Major League history.
Have a good one,