Ed. Note: Tyler has been a frequent Fanposter at VEB for some time and is now writing on the main site. He will have a more substantive post up later, but for now, welcome him to VEB.-CE
Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- A trade proposal for Giancarlo Stanton and Christian Yelich of the Marlins: Ben Markham continued his excellent trade deadline analysis by kicking the tires on a move that would alter the Cardinals franchise for many years to come.
- Daily Farm Report: Carson Kelly Goes Deep, O’ Reilly Promoted, Delvin Perez is Hot: The Cardinals farm system was busy with eight games on the slate Wednesday. Never fear, Nick Cichielo is here to tell you all about it.
- Carlos Martínez does more impressions: Your daily dose of Hunt and Peck...what's that? Yesterday was Thursday? Tsunamy Thursday?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Bullpen Squanders Heroic Effort by Lynn, Pham: The Cardinals played a baseball game. The Cardinals lost a baseball game. Jon Snowzeliak recapped a baseball game.
- Seung-Hwan Oh Needs to Take a Seat: Nick Cichielo takes a look at what's gone wrong for Oh in 2017 and why he shouldn't be pitching in not just the ninth inning, but high-leverage situations altogether.
- Viva El Birdos Podcast: Episode 90: Whether it's actual baseball discussion or audio of very good dogs you desire, John and Heather have you covered.
Yesterday in Birdos history: July 20th, 2004
Led by a 5-5, three home run performance from Albert Pujols, the Cardinals overcome a 7-1 deficit to stun the Cubs with an 11-8 victory at Wrigley Field. Pujols launched a go-ahead homer in the ninth off LaTroy Hawkins and the Cards escaped after Jason Isringhausen loaded the bases (of course he did).
Have a good one,