Welcome to Viva El Birdos. We are happy to have you here. Below you’ll find a few tips on how to navigate around the site, and if you want, be a part of this great community of writers and readers and commenters, all of us (or at least most of us) fans of the St. Louis Cardinals.
- If you wish to comment, please register for an account. We welcome different ideas, but some things aren’t allowed. Please read our Community Guidelines.
- Every day, we will have one post designated VEB Daily. It is generally a substantive baseball post worth commenting on its own merits, but this is also where many other topics are welcome including: questions about what to eat for lunch, determining if what you are eating is a sandwich, and who just died on Game of Thrones.
- If you are talking about who died on Game of Thrones, please use the spoiler tag.
- Have an itch to do a little bit more than comment. Write a Fanpost. It’s how many of the regular writers at VEB got their start. Here’s a guide.
- We understand Viva El Birdos is an unusual name. You can read about its origin.
- Our Masthead is here.
- We do our best to label our posts and put them in appropriate sections so they can be archived later. If you want to read about prospects, go to St. Louis Cardinals Prospects. If you want anything Mike Matheny related, go to Mathenaging. Cardinals Analysis, Hunt and Peck (Our daily links post to good work elsewhere), Retro Birdos (Cardinals History), and the Podcast all have their own sections.
- Want to interact outside of the site? We are on twitter @vivaelbirdos and have a facebook page as well.
Thanks to everyone here for making Viva El Birdos such a great community.