- John Gant - 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K. Gant made his 1st appearance since Spring Training. He could be an important contributor to the Cards’ bullpen once healthy. Personally, I’d rather see Gant in the big leagues vs. Miguel Socolovich, however Socolovich is out of options and would have to pass through waivers.
- Zach Phillips - (L) 2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 2 K.
- Chris Ellis pitched a scoreless inning of ball. Quietly, he’s shaved his ERA over a run since his move to the bullpen. He’s also thrown three straight scoreless appearances.
- Paul DeJong started at SS, was 2-4 with a double.
- Alberto Rosario provided most of the offense with two RBI’s.
- Jack Flaherty - (L) 4.1 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 7 K. Flaherty came down to earth a little bit last night. He allowed four extra base hits including a Solo HR from Tulsa Catcher Kyle Farmer.
- Dickie Joe Thon was 2-5 with a triple.
- Jose Adolis Garcia was 0-3 with a Sac Fly RBI.
- Casey Grayson was 2-3 with 2 singles and an RBI.
- Oscar Mercado came in during a double-switch when Flaherty was lifted. He posted a rare hitless day in two AB’s.
- Zac Gallen - (W) 8.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K. I’m running out of superlatives for this guy. It’s easy to dismiss his performance when you consider his age and relative polish coming from a major college program in North Carolina. However, with Connor Jones struggling, Gallen’s strong performance is even more encouraging.
- Sam Tewes - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 1K.
- Edmundo Sosa was 1-5.
- Randy Arozarena, Chris Chinea, Leobaldo Pina, and Shane Billings each had two hits a piece. Arozarena was the only one to have an extra base hit out of that group.
- Steven Farinaro- (L) 3.0 IP, 12 H, 7 R, O BB, OK, 3 HR’s allowed. Not a good start for Farinaro and that is putting it nicely. Full season ball hasn’t been kind to him in his first go around, however his 22 K’s against 6 BB’s is encouraging. On the year he’s allowed 44 hits and 7 HR’s in 32.2 IP.
- Ronnie Williams - 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K. 1st scoreless appearance for Williams this season.
- Tommy Edman - 0-4
- Bryce Denton - 0-2, 1 RBI, 1 SF, 1 BB, 1 K. Hitting .164.
- Dylan Carlson - 1-3, 1 BB, 1 K. Hitting .219.
Palm Beach: Gonzalez, D.