Some stuff happened around Viva El Birdos on Friday. Here are those stuffs that happened.
- I compared Aledmys Diaz to some of the prominent young shortstops in baseball today, notably Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Francisco Lindor, and Addison Russell. While Diaz has been very good thus far over the course of his career, he is a step behind what might be the strongest crop of young talent at the position in history.
- Josey Curtis took a look at the minor league results of Thursday for the Cardinals. Notables include Harrison Bader, who hit a home run, and Dakota Hudson, who went seven innings for the Springfield Cardinals.
- Yesterday was David Freese’s birthday, so Lil Scoots wrote about him. Also with birthdays yesterday: two-time PGA major winner (and Cardinals fan) John Daly, NHL Hall of Famer Nicklas Lidstrom, and 2012 Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins.
- Ben Godar previewed the upcoming series for the Cardinals against the Cincinnati Reds.
- Jon Snowzeliak recapped last night’s Cardinals game. They won and it was cool and fun.
The Cardinals could be in first place by the end of the weekend. Baseball is weird and crazy sometimes.