As I write this, it is cold and rainy in St. Louis. Luckily, the Cardinals are in Milwaukee and Miller Park has a retractable roof anyway so whatever. Here’s what happened on Viva El Birdos yesterday.
- I wrote about Jhonny Peralta and how his post-DL playing time could serve as an omen for how Mike Matheny handles future St. Louis Cardinals veterans in the twilight of their careers. This post changed dramatically from anti-Matheny to pro-Matheny to Matheny-neutral over the last week, but when Peralta comes back, I should probably get angrier or happier.
- International prospect Luis Robert is now a free agent in Major League Baseball, so VEB reposted two posts about what kind of fit Robert would be with the Cardinals—the red baron wrote about him here and Ben Markham wrote about him here.
- The little scooter recapped Thursday night’s game. It was posted on Friday morning because she forgot she was on recap duty, and it was written as an epic poem, and thus Maximum Heather has been unlocked.
- Josey Curtis supplied the Daily Farm Report. Headliners included Austin Gomber and Adolis Garcia.
- Oh, you know before when I said the game recap was Maximum Heather? In the Hunt and Peck section, she posted a video of a Tyler Lyons interview set to “Pony”, so never mind.
- Also, the St. Louis Cardinals played the Milwaukee Brewers in a baseball game last night. Here’s the recap, as provided by Jon Snowzeliak.
Pretty big day for St. Louis sports today. Here’s to that.