I’m feeling kind of lazy at the moment, so I don’t have much of a cute intro here. Luckily, there were many, many words yesterday on Viva El Birdos, and if you haven’t read all of those, now might be a good chance to do those. Let me be your tour guide.
- I wrote about the St. Louis Cardinals will win the NL Central over the Chicago Cubs in 2017, even though I don’t actually believe that this will happen. In return, Alex Crisafulli replied with the best tweet this decade, a callback to Episode 75 of the Viva El Birdos podcast.
- Check out the VEB Community Top 38 Cardinals prospects, as summarized by Craig Edwards.
- Also, check out where the VEB community projects new center fielder/perfect human being Dexter Fowler to fare in his first season in St. Louis.
- Lil scooter, and also I, and also lil scooter, wrote about how the Cardinals should not sign Ian Kinsler, with tongues firmly in cheek. I don’t know if further collaborations on posts between the two of us will happen, aside from all of these.
- The haircutted (this does not appear to actually be a word) Craig Edwards fielded reader questions on Facebook Live.
- Because I just can’t get enough of seeing my name on VEB bylines, I posted the final eight players in the All-Time Cardinals Bracket. Click here to check the results of the previous round as well as to vote for who will be among the final four players.
- Josh Zeid, formerly known as “that one guy in the Hunter Pence trade whose name I always forget” and recently known as “a really good pitcher on Team Israel”, signed with the Cardinals, a transaction which Josey Curtis anaylzed. Zeid, who turned 30 yesterday, is too old to be considered a blue-chip prospect but he could be an interesting members of the Cardinals’ pitching depth if things work out for him.
Eight days. Eight! It’s so close that I can’t even make jokes about forgettable early-2000s power pop bands. Enjoy the weekend.