On Tuesday I previewed the HBO Real Sports segment on former Cardinal Rick Ankiel which premiered later that evening. Below are a few bonus clips that were not seen on the program, which include Ankiel further discussing “the yips,” his abusive father, as well as a few minutes on golfer Shane Dews, whose career was derailed in similar fashion to Ankiel’s.
Thanks again to the people at HBO Real Sports for the access.
And here’s what you may have missed yesterday at VEB:
- Joe Schwarz wrote about Trevor Rosenthal and the tunneling of his pitches.
- I analyzed the the decision to give Carlos Martinez the ball on Opening Day with some useless info.
- Here is the Red Baron’s profile on Alex Reyes. Most of it was penned before Reyes was lost for the season but it still holds up.
- USA! USA! USA! (Counterpoint: Poor Yadi and team Puerto Rico.)
- Here are the returned projections for Aledmys Diaz. VEB feels pretty good about him.
- The Daily Farm Report is back.
- And finally, Ben Markham’s take on the NL Wild Card competition.
Have a great weekend, everyone.