So how about that game last night, huh? Full disclosure, I turned it off after the second out in the 9th because all 26 outs leading up to that point led me to believe that the game was utterly hopeless. But if you need a primer, the Cardinals put together a two-out five-run rally which culminated in a 5-4 Yadier Molina walk-off hit-by-pitch victory over the Reds.
So what better time to count down the top eight ways to walk off a baseball game (Note: It would have been an even 10 but I was tired.). So without further ado:
8. Walk-off hit by pitch:
7. Walk-off hit with a runner on third:
6. Walk-off hit with a runner on first who scores by way of shenanigans:
5. Walk-off wild pitch:
4. Walk-off obstruction call:
3. Basically any walk-off versus the Cubs. Take this one from Edgar Renteria which put the cap on a six-run 9th:
2. Walk-off grand slam:
- Walk-off home run to win Game 6 of the World Series:
And here’s what you may have missed yesterday at VEB:
Last night was fantastic. Last week was not.
Joe Schwarz wrote about the perplexing decision to ink Jonathan Broxton to two more years this past offseason.
Down on the farm
Josey Curtis is here with her weekly excellent farm report.
Lil Scooter did a poll to see which iconic Cardinals’ uniform is most loved. For me, it will always be the mid-80s to early-90s pullover but it looks like the 2000s might prevail.
Cardinals vs. Reds
There you have it. Enjoy your Quick Pitch this morning. Enjoy your coffee from your Cardinals’ mug. Enjoy it all, folks.