It is that time of year, again. The time of year when I beg for money from you, oh kind and generous members of this online community, for one of my favorite charities, Cardinals Care. This year marks the seventh annual Cardinals Care race and the fifth time Viva El Birdos has participated in it. Through our fundraising efforts in those years, we have raised as a community over $15,000 for Cardinals Care.
And now we ask that you do it again.
In the past we have done a t-shirt fundraiser to help raise money, but so far we have been completely devoid of t-shirt design ideas. If you have a great idea, feel free to submit it to me in the comments, on Twitter @lil_scooter93, or via e-mail at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com.
Until then, please feel free to donate to a wonderful cause. Per the Cardinals Care website:
All proceeds from the event will help to ensure that thousands of children in the St. Louis (/metro area) community are afforded opportunities they might not otherwise experience. Since its inception in 1997, Cardinals Care has maintained a direct focus on "Caring for Kids" by distributing funds to area non-profit youth organizations and establishing Redbird Rookies, our flagship program that supports youth on and off the baseball field.
For every Aroldis Chapman save I am donating $5 to Cardinals Care to help the children of the St. Louis area and $5 to DVLC Chicago to raise money to help survivors of domestic abuse. Together we can work to raise awareness against domestic abuse and help survivors. No one should be harmed by those they love.
Donate to the Viva El Birdos running team here:
what else is going on in baseball...
- Adrian Beltre did an interpretive dance in order to let a roller go foul, and of course it worked | MLB.com
- Nelson Cruz homers as Mariners sweep Tigers | MLB.com
- The legend of the Rally Mantis lives on thanks to these Royals fans and their terrifying masks | MLB.com
- J.A. Happ wins 16th, Blue Jays shut out Rays | MLB.com
- Yankees rally behind bullpen to beat Red Sox | MLB.com
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto plays pingpong | MLB.com
- The Man Who’s Saved the Red Sox at Catcher | FanGraphs Baseball
- Ben Heller on Reaching The Show in Pinstripes | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Padres Are Running Like Crazy People | FanGraphs Baseball
- MLB Television Viewership Up Five Percent | FanGraphs Baseball
- Jeff Samardzija Has Resurrected an Old Pitch | FanGraphs Baseball
- Insuring Prince Fielder | FanGraphs Baseball
- It’s Alex Rodriguez’s final day in MLB. Probably. | SBNation.com
- The weirdest double play you've ever seen bounced off the pitcher AND the umpire | SBNation.com
- Prince Fielder has earned every penny the Rangers still have to pay him | MLB Daily Dish
- Why Alex Rodriguez remains with New York Yankees | ESPN
- In final road act as a Yankee, Alex Rodriguez has an RBI and some fun | Yankees Blog | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Scouting Cardinals Call-Ups Alex Reyes and Luke Weaver | FanGraphs Baseball
- Two maddening pitches in loss to Chicago Cubs fuel St. Louis Cardinals | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Matt Holliday of St. Louis Cardinals breaks thumb in HBP vs. Chicago Cubs | ESPN
- BenFred: Inconsistent Cardinals collide with Cubs at their peak | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- The Cardinals: More Of a Threat to Themselves Than the Cubs | 101Sports.com
- 8/11/2016 Recap: Duke Walks In Losing Run as Reyes Sits On Bench | Viva El Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the chicago cubs
- Cubs top Angels; season-high 9-game win streak | MLB.com
- Tommy La Stella is AWOL, and it's a great time to remember how strange baseball is | SBNation.com
- Chicago Cubs cornering market on walk-offs as win streak reaches 10 | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Cubs 4, Cardinals 3: 10th Straight Win Comes On Walkoff Walk | Bleed Cubbie Blue
- A Chicago Cubs Community | Bleed Cubbie Blue
the nl central
- Travis Jankowski steals home for Padres | padres.com
- Pirates fan goes for a foul ball, gets nothing but a face full of his own nachos | MLB.com
viva el stuff...
More of Why We Should Be Impressed With the 2016 Season | Viva El Birdos
The Beginning of the End, for Michael Wacha. | Viva El Birdos
- Birdos in Brief | Viva El Birdos
- 2016 St. Louis Cardinals Game Recaps & Scores | Viva El Birdos.
- Simone Biles is the greatest gymnast, but Aly Raisman was unforgettable in Rio, too | SBNation.com
- Olympic swimming results 2016: Michael Phelps wins gold in men's 200m individual medley | SBNation.com
- Michael Phelps broke a 2,168-year-old Olympic record | SBNation.com
- Rio 2016 results: Simone Manuel ties for 100m gold, first African-American woman to win individual swimming medal | SBNation.com