Friday, June 10
Sky Sox 7, Memphis 6 (F/10)
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 4 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Kolten Wong (2B): 2-6, RBI
- Jose Martinez (1B): 3-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
Memphis had a 6-4 lead entering the eighth inning, but it did not last for long. John Church allowed two runs to the Sky Sox in the top of the eighth, tying the game at six to ultimately force additional play. In the tenth, Will Middlebrooks homered off of Corey Littrell, the game-winning run for the Sky Sox.
Springfield 6, Travelers 4
- Corey Baker (SP): 5.1 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Seth Maness (RP): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K
- Brayan Pena (DH): 1-4
- Carson Kelly (C): 3-4, R, HR, 2 RBIs
- Paul DeJong (3B): 1-3, R, HR, 3 RBIs
Three runs in the eighth gave Springfield the edge to win Friday’s game, 6-4. Travelers reliever Jose Molina allowed a base hit to Brayan Pena to begin Springfield’s half of the eighth, and Molina was pulled from the contest. Austin Adams replaced Molina and, after allowing a hit to Luke Voit, served up a three-run homer to Paul Dejong, the winning runs the Cardinals needed to defeat the Travelers.
Tortugas 3, Palm Beach 0
- Austin Gomber (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
- Dylan Tice (2B): 2-4
- Bladimil Franco (LF): 2-4
Though Austin Gomber turned in a quality start, Palm Beach’s inability to generate offense led to a 3-0 loss on Friday to the Tortugas. Angelo Gumbs, the Tortuga’s left fielder, hit a two-run homer off Gomber in the fourth, accounting for the only two runs surrendered by Gomber in his seven innngs.
Peoria 5, Kernels 2
- Sandy Alcantara (SP): 7 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Brian O’Keefe (C): 2-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBIs
- Chris Chinea (DH): 2-4, R, HR, 2 RBIs
Sandy Alcantara was sharp on Friday night for the Chiefs and was granted his fifth win of the season, credits to Peoria’s three-run fourth. Brian O’Keefe plated a pair with an extra-base hit in the fourth and scored on Thomas Spitz’s single. Chris Chinea provided further support with a two-run, eighth-inning homer, his second long ball of the season.
Saturday, June 11
Memphis 2, Sky Sox 0
- Jerome Williams (SP): CG, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- Kolten Wong (2B): 1-2, R, 2 BB
- Breyvic Valera (SS): 1-2, R
Two runs were all Jerome Williams would need in just his second start as a member of the Cardinals’ organization. Williams held the Sky Sox to five baserunners in his complete-game shutout, four out of five reaching base with singles. With the help of two double plays turned by his infield, Williams rebounded well from allowing three runs through five innings in his first start as a Redbird.
Springfield 6, Drillers 3
- Luke Weaver (SP): 5 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Brayan Pena (C): 1-4
- Jonathan Rodriguez (LF): 2-5, R, HR, 3 RBIs
- Mason Katz (2B): 3-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
Luke Weaver allowed one run through his five-inning outing and earned the win, thanks in large to a fine day at the plate for Jonathan Rodriguez. Rodriguez crushed a homer in the first inning and recorded another RBI in sixth with a run-scoring hit up the middle.
Palm Beach 8, Tortugas 2
- Jack Flaherty (SP): 7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
- Allen Staton (3B): 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBIs
- Darren Seferina (2B): 2-3, 2 R, 2 RBIs
Jack Flaherty was splendid on Saturday, whiffing ten batters and allowing one run to the Tortugas through seven innings. Allen Staton provided all of the necessary run support for Palm Beach by recording three RBIs, one on his second homer of the season.
Peoria 7, Kernels 6
- Jake Woodford (SP): 4 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Magneuris Sierra: 2-5, R, 3B, 2 RBIs
- Chris Chinea (DH): 2-3, R, HR, SF, 3 RBIs
Down 6-0 after four innings of play, the Chiefs put up a five against the Kernels in the home-half of the fifth, shaving the Kernels’ lead to one run. After Jake Woodford was pulled after four innings, Juan Perez stepped up and worked three innings of scoreless ball to hold the Chiefs as close as possible in the run column. Brian O’Keefe’s single in the seventh tied the score, and Chris Chinea gave Peoria their game-winning tally with a sacrifice fly.
Sunday, June 12
Memphis 5, Sky Sox 0
- Deck McGuire (SP): 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K
- Kolten Wong (2B): 1-3, 2 R, 3B, RBI
- Tommy Pham (CF): 1-3, 2B, 2 RBIs
Behind a brilliant start from Deck McGuire, the Redbirds capped off their four-game set against the Sky Sox with their third win. Memphis scored two in the third off Josh Hader, one in the seventh off Drew Gagnon, and two in the eighth off Damien Magnifico.
Springfield 4, Drillers 3
- Daniel Poncedeleon (SP): 4 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Seth Maness (RP): 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Brayan Pena (1B): 0-3, K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (RF): 2-3, R, HR, 2 RBIs
Springfield won Sunday’s game with a pair of two-run innings early in the ballgame. Jonathan Rodriguez hit a two-run homer in the third, and Bruce Caldwell and Carson Kelly went back-to-back in the fourth off the Drillers’ starter, Scott Barlow.
Palm Beach 9, Manatees 2
- John Walter (SP): 5.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Darren Seferina (2B): 1-5, R, RBI, 2 SB
- Chris Rivera (C): 1-3, 3 RBIs
Palm Beach erupted for nine runs on Sunday to win the first of four games with the Manatees. Cole Lankford drove in two and Chris Rivera plated three to go along with an RBI from each Darren Seferina, Allen Staton, Orlando Olivera, and Andrew Sohn.
Peoria 3, Kernels 1
- Ryan Helsley (SP): 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Eliezer Alvarez (2B): 2-4, R, RBI, SB
- Jose Godoy (C): 2-4, 2B, 2 RBIs
A three-run third inning was all Ryan Helsley and the Chiefs would need to win their fourth straight game. Eliezer Alvarez singled to plate a run and scored along with Brian O’Keefe when Jose Godoy lined a two-out, two-RBI hit.