Thank you for the feedback you provided in the comments yesterday. We have been kicking around some different formatting ideas and appreciate your suggestions. One of the ideas we've discussed is an affiliate spotlight to go with the weekend post. We'd take a look at one of the full-season clubs every weekend so that they'd all get hit once a month, which seems like a long enough interval. If you have any other formatting suggestions or have an opinion on the affiliate spotlight idea feel free to weigh in below. On to the prospects.
Triple-A: Memphis 8 - Omaha 6
- Tommy Pham (CF): 1-2, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Greg Garcia (PR-SS): 0-1, R, BB
- Jacob Wilson (3B): 0-3, 2 BB, K
- Anthony Garcia (LF-RF): 0-3, RBI, BB
- Charlie Tilson (PR-LF-CF): 0-4, R, 2 K
- Patrick Wisdom (1B): 2-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, K
- Mike Ohlman (C): 2-2, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 3 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
Old friend Tommy Pham got his rehab assignment kicked off. He can be on a rebab stint for 20 days and, per Derrick Goold's piece, his stay in the minors is currently open ended...Arturo Reyes is striking out a career best 21.5% of the batters he's faced through 22 IP.
Double A: Springfield 10 - Northwest Arkansas 6
- Harrison Bader (CF): 4-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Bruce Caldwell (2B): 1-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- Paul Dejong (3B): 1-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Breyvic Valera (SS): 2-5, 2 R, K
- Corey Baker (SP): 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 K
Bader Bomb...Harrison Bader has the same ISO as he did in Peoria last year, and pretty similar (although slightly worse) K% and BB%. It is hard to get a read on his approach when almost half the balls he puts in play are going for hits, at the very least you can say he has been unphased by the jump to AA...Paul DeJong, meanwhile, has gone berserk. He now has 3 homers and a double in his last 4 games as he tries to make up for his brutal start...Bruce Caldwell's homer was his 6th of the year. He has hit 15 homers, 23 doubles and 2 triples in 441 PA since being promoted to AA mid-season last year.
A Advanced: Fort Myers 5 - Palm Beach 3
- Blake Drake (CF):0-3, BB, 2 K
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 1-4
- Sreve Bean (C): 1-2, BB, K
- Sarren Seferins (2B): 0-3, K
- Jacob Evans (SP): 8 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Darren Seferina's start has been disappointing. His walk numbers remain solid, but he is striking out at an alarming rate, and even the gap power he showed last year has abandoned him. He has still been able to do damage with his legs when he gets on base, but the K% is dragging his average down right now, which limits his chances to run...This is what a Jacob Evans start looks like when things are working for him, he pounds the zone, limits walks and works deep into the game.
Class A: Bowling Green 4 - Peoria 2
- Eliezer Alvarez (2B): 1-5
- Edmundo Sosa (SS): 4-5
- Magneuris Sierra (CF): 3-5, CS
- Chris Chinea (DH): 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- Vaughn Bryan (RF): 1-4, R
- Sandy Alcantara (SP): 0.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 1 K
Disaster start for Sanday Alcantara, who needed 32 pitches to record one out...Magneuris Sierra's line looks much better than his first exposure to full-season ball last year, but he still isn't walking much and is striking out too often, and hasn't shown off the power to offset those deficiencies. Right now the singles are falling, but that .310 batting average is being buoyed by a .384 BABIP.
MEM - DECK
SPR - Mike Mayers
PB - Matt Pearce
PEO - Ryan Helsley