Today is the first day of March. Opening Day is still more than a month off but there have been seasons where the first real game of the year happened in March so we're getting closer. In fact, just two seasons ago the season kicked off on March 22, 2014, when, for some reason, the Los Angeles Dodgers played the Arizona Diamondbacks in Australia.
Today is also Super Tuesday so let's get fired up.
Imagine going to a political rally by choice.— Dayn Perry (@daynperry) February 29, 2016
Here's what you missed yesterday at VEB:
Randal Grichuk projections
- Randal Grichuk is one of the more interesting Cardinals heading into 2016. Trying to predict his stats is not easy but you should click here and do it anyway. And then scroll through the comments to read about the carrot crop that Guayzimi is growing.
The qualifying offer system
- The qualifying offer system in its current state is broken. Read this excellent column from Craig Edwards to learn why and what could be done to fix it.
Cardinals photo day
- Lil Scooter compiled some of the better moments from the Cardinals' spring training photo session. There's a mystery man at the end and I say with 75% certainty that it's Michael Wacha.
- Craig spoke with Howard Megdal, author of the just released The Cardinals Way, for the VEB podcast. Give it a listen and buy the book. I'm roughly 75 pages in and I highly recommend it.
- Lastly, in light of comments from Commish Manfred on MLB expansion and Jon Morosi taking the initiative to draw up a new divisional map, I looked at the pros and cons of a new division format for the Cardinals. If the expansion is inevitable, you can do a lot worse than what Morosi conjured up.
Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.