In case you missed it, yesterday was one of the best days of the offseason because Dan Szymborski released his ZiPS projections for the Cardinals. Be sure to check them out. Things could be looking up in 2016 because two of our players got compared to Clemens and Garciaparra!
Here's what you may have missed yesterday at VEB:
Matt Holliday to leadoff?
- With Matt Carpenter discovering a power stroke in 2015 and Kolten Wong expressing his desire to bat leadoff at the Winter Warm Up, Joe Schwarz took a turn thinking outside the box and wondered if Matt Holliday could be suited for that role. Combine Holliday's ability to get on base with his diminished slugging and it's not that crazy of an idea. Also, this was a good comment:
Adam Wainwright in 2016
- You probably didn't need 1,300 words to be convinced that Adam Wainwright will likely be a good pitcher in 2016 but here it is anyway.
Carlos doing Carlos stuff
- Your favorite pitcher and mine has been busy visiting towns in Illinois with the Cardinals Caravan, including a stop at the Children's Hospital in Peoria. Good guy, that Carlos.
Prospect list: Paul DeJong
- On his prospect countdown list, the Red Baron noted that the Cardinals are trying to fix the bereft of power in their farm system through the draft. To that end, meet infielder Paul DeJong.
DH in the NL
- If there's a more polarizing debate in baseball right now than adding the designated hitter to the National League I'm not sure what it is.
designated hitter fans please don't @ me— Grant Brisbee (@mccoveychron) January 21, 2016
I'm completely cool with the DH in the NL.— Dayn Perry (@daynperry) January 22, 2016
When people are pro-DH. pic.twitter.com/Ho8UljE7WQ— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) January 22, 2016
Woo! WOO! https://t.co/g1wcbvbMYm— Matthew Trueblood (@MATrueblood) January 21, 2016
Here's a sentence that has stuck with me for 22 years, from a doofy classmate's story in 8th-grade English: "The werewolf puked and died."— David Roth (@david_j_roth) January 8, 2014