The St. Louis Cardinals prospects went 4-1 on Tuesday night. Hazelbaker, Harrison Bader and Brian O'Keefe all homered, and Alex Reyes took the mound for Springfield.
- Jacob Wilson had a double to follow up on his home run on Monday.
- Sam Tuivailala faced five batters, walked 1, struck out 3 and induced a ground out.
- I mentioned in the comments section of the weekend DFR how much I liked following the Peoria lineup with Seferina and DeJong at the top of the order and a resurgent Kenny Peoples-Walls, but I forgot to mention Harrison Bader. After making a strong debut in the Midwest League the former Florida Gator has cooled considerably. He hit his first full-season league home run last night though, it would be nice to see him end the season on a tear for the Chiefs.
- DH/C Brian O'Keefe went 2-4 with a home run and a pair of RBI. The 2014 7th rounder had an underwhelming debut in the NY-Penn League last year and didn't impress with the Spikes in short season ball this year either. The results have been more encouraging since being called up to Peoria, in his first 38 AB he has put together a .316/.400/.553 line with a pair of homers.
- Kyle Grana struck out a batter and picked up the save. After striking out almost 40% of the batters he faced in low-A last year, he has still managed to punch out hitters at a 30% clip in the Midwest League. Unfortunately, his walk rate has almost doubled at just a hair over 15%.
- Magneuris Sierra went 2-3 with a double and a walk, pushing his line in the Appy League up to .346/.387/.436 with 3 homers.