Tuesday night had much more exciting performances than last night's games, so I figured that I would include those games in the DFR for today.
8/18 - Memphis 5 - Albuquerque 4
8/19 - Memphis 1 - El Paso 8
- Potential September call-ups Greg Garcia and Xavier Scruggs combined for 3 1B and 3 2B between the two games.
- Anthony Garcia hit a double in his first game since being called up from Springfield.
8/18 - Springfield 4 - Midland 3
8/19 - Springfield 1 - Midland 10
- Aledmys Diaz went 3-9 with a 2B over the past two nights to keep his hot streak going.
- Patrick Wisdom went 2-2 with a 2B, BB and 2 RBI in Tuesday's win.
8/18 - Palm Beach 6 - Jupiter 1
8/19 - Palm Beach 8 - Jupiter 0
- Luke Voit went 4-8 with a 3B, HR, 2 R and 6 RBI to lead the Palm Beach offense over the last two nights.
- Blake McKnight and Corey Littrell both pitched 7 shutout innings in their respective starts. They both have had very solid seasons this year. Littrell had a nice write up by John Sickels at Minor League Ball recently. Link to article
8/18- Peoria 6 - Beloit 0
8/19 - Peoria 15 - Beloit 2
- RF Nick Thompson went 7-8 with 2 2B and 2 HR in two games. He leads the team with 11 HR.
- Harrison Bader went 2-4 with a HR on Wednesday night.
- Jack Flaherty continued his recent domination on Tuesday. He had a final line of 6 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 0 BB and 9 K
- Edmundo Sosa went 2-3 with 2 HR and 2 BB. That raised his wRC+ to 138 and his SLG to .497. Very nice to see from the promising 19 year old shortstop.
- Jacob Evans threw 5 shutout innings to pick up the win and lowered his ERA to 0.75 on the season.
- Nick Plummer hit his first professional HR, a two run shot, on Tuedsay. After a rough start to the year, his wRC+ is up to 124.
- Jake Woodford had another great outing on Tuesday. His final line was 5 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB and 7 K.
- David Oca continued his great season on Wednesday night. He pitched 7 innings, with 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB and 7 K.