It was a light schedule for the St. Louis Cardinals prospects. Springfield, Peroia and State College all had scheduled off days, the rest of the system went 3-2 on the day.
- Greg Garcia was 0-3 with a K, but he walked twice, scored a run and stole his 16th base of the year.
- Zach Petrick started for the Redbirds, he gave up 2 runs, 5 hits and a walk over 6 IP. He also struck out 5 Isotopes.
- Luke Weaver threw 5.1 scoreless IP. He allowed 6 hits, but did not issue a free pass and he struck out 7. Over his last 10 starts covering 59 IP he has fanned 55, allowed 8 runs and walked 6 hitters.
- agneuris Sierra was 3-4 with an RBI and stole his 8th base of the Appy League season. He's slashing .337/.383/.429 on the year in the short-season league.
- Anthony Ray was 2-4 with a double and a pair of runs.
- Center Fielder Wadye Ynfante went 1-3 with a 3B, 2 RBI, a BB and a K.
- Daniel Gomez started at 1B, and collected an RBI and 2 singles.
- SP Oneiver Diaz tossed 5 scoreless innings and struck out 5. He allowed 5 hits and a BB.
- Nick Plummer went 3-3 with a pair of walks, a double, two runs and an RBI. His 3 hits and 2 walks means he now has exactly as many hits (32) as he does walks in his professional career.
- SS Allen Cordoba batted 2nd behind Plummer and went 2-4 with 2 R and a HR. He is hitting .341/.397/.413 in his first taste of professional ball in the US.
- Sandy Alcantara threw 6 innings of shutout baseball, punching out 5 and walking none.
The Cardinals affiliates have almost a full slate of games. State College is still off for the NY-Penn League All-Star break, but every other team is in action. Jack Flaherty will be on the bump for Peoria against Beloit.