Y esta palabra, este papel escritopor las mil manos de una sola mano,no queda en ti, no sirve para sueños,cae a la tierra: allí se continúa.No importa que la luz o la alabanzase derramen y salgan de la copasi fueron un tenaz temblor del vino,si se tiñó tu boca de amaranto.No quiere más la sílaba tardía,lo que trae y retrae el arrecifede mis recuerdos, la irritada espuma,no quiere más sino escribir tu nombre.Y aunque lo calle mi sombrío amormás tarde lo dirá la primavera.
- Carlos Martinez built a water cup tower again. Michael Wacha tried to knock it over again. El Gallo was very protective of it. Then Adam Wainwright made Carlos flinch and knock over his own tower. Waino laughed and Carlos begrudgingly began to fix it. A few innings later Mark Reynolds threw a ball in and almost hit the tower again. After Jaime Garcia, this water cup tower was my favorite part of the game.
- Matt Carpenter needs to keep hittin' dingers because Carlos Martinez throwing water in his face will never get old.
Please, oh, please, never stop doing this, you guys. pic.twitter.com/5yubsXGoyh— Dan Doelling (@daniel_doelling) August 15, 2015
- The reason the run the Marlins scored in the ninth was unearned is because the runner wasn't going to try to score until Jason Heyward bobbled the ball. The funny thing is, the reason the runner didn't try to score was probably because Heyward's presence in the first place. An inferior outfielder probably would have been tested in that situation. But Heyward bobbling the ball allowed the runner to score anyway. In conclusion, errors are weird.
- Randal Grichuk tagged up from first on a ball hit to deep right field and was safe.
- A reporter asked Jaime how long it has been since he has felt this good. His reply: Never.
He later clarified that he might have felt this good after his Tommy John surgery six years or so ago, but this is the best he has felt in a while.
- Jaime Garcia is the best pitcher on the Cardinals. People forget that.
- Here is the translation for the Neruda poem above for the curious:
Translation: pic.twitter.com/VJVLyG8OcO— Scooter Simon (@lil_scooter93) August 15, 2015
LIL SCOOTER'S LIL PLAYER OF THE GAME:
Jaime Garcia racked up .358 WPA, and that is after losing .095 as a hitter. He wins this revered LSLPOTG award this week. Matt Carpenter leads the hitters with .130 WPA for the honorable mention.
Pretty nice one for this game.
John Lackey squares off against Brad Hand tomorrow at 6:15pm for game two of the series. IHeartBoog has your recap, I believe!