AAA - Memphis 3 - Oklahoma City 2
- Alex Mejia had 2 hits, including a go-ahead 2-run dinger. He has quietly put himself in a position to compete for a utility spot next year with the big club.
- Greg Garcia and Jeremy Hazelbaker each reached base twice, with a single and a walk.
- Tyler Lyons had another strong outing, going 7 innings with 2 ER, 4 HA, 2 K and 0 BB.
AA - Springfield 7 - Tulsa 9
- Springifield managed to blow a 7-0 lead in this one, allowing 4 runs in the 7th and 5 more in the 8th.
- Andrew Morales pitched six scoreless innings to start the game, but ended up allowing 4 ER in the 7th.
- Christopher Thomas blew the lead in the 8th by allowing 5 runs via 2 homers. He's been extremely good at limiting home runs in his career, but regression can be cruel sometimes.
- Patrick Wisdom and Mike Ohlman both had two hits to continue their strong seasons.
A+ - Palm Beach 9 - Brevard County 0
- Speedster C.J. McElroy decided to hit for some power, with a home run, double, and 2 RBI.
- Derek Gibson raised his average to .364, by hitting 3 singles. He currently has a .400 BABIP and .058 ISO, so no one should be jumping on the bandwagon quite yet.
- Nick Petree pitched to one above the minimum in 7 innings, allowing 1 H and striking out 5.
A - Peoria 3 - Wisconsin 4
- 2015 Draftees led the offense for Peoria, as Paul De Jong hit a 2 run homer and Harrison Bader added 2 singles.
- Kenny Peoples-Walls chipped in with a solo homer and a single.
- The pitching staff struggled to find the strike zone, with Dewin Perez and 2 relievers combining for 8 walks on the night.
A SS - State College 0 - Vermont 3
- State College was limited to four hits on the night, with Josh Swirchak hitting a single and double.
- While Johnson City has multiple exciting prospects, the cupboard seems to be pretty empty at State College. Feel free to comment with any suggestions for who to look out for.
Rookie - Johnson City 1 - Elizabethton 4
- 2015 17th Rounder Chris Chinea hit a solo home run, as he continues to rake in Rookie ball. He could be up for a promotion to Peoria in the near future.
- SS Edmundo Sosa is currently wearing a golden sombrero. He ended the game 0-4 with 3 strikeouts.
- Juan Bautista struck out 5 batters in two innings, but also allowed 2 ER.
GCL - Cardinals 7 - Marlins 6
- 2015 1st Rounder Nick Plummer continued his bizarre trend of walking, but not hitting. He went hit-less in 3 at-bats, but had 2 walks.
- Hard throwing 19-year-old Sandy Alcantara had a decent outing going 5 innings with 3 R, 1 ER, 9 HA, 5 K and 2 BB.
Correction: The original version of this post had State College defeating Vermont 3-0. In fact, they lost to Vermont 3-0. It has been corrected.