Monday was rough for the St. Louis Cardinals prospects. The system went a combined 2-4 and only a pair of splits of double-headers by Palm Beach and Johnson City prevented a clean sweep.
Triple-A: Memphis 3, Iowa 8
- There wasn't much offense for the Redbirds last night, they notched only 3 hits. Ed Easley's double was the lone extra base hit of the game.
- Greg Garcia singled and stole his 12th base of the year.
- Marco Gonzales threw 75 pitches over 5.1 IP, his longest outing since his return earlier this month. 52 of those pitches were strikes, but the Cubs didn't have much trouble handling them. They hit him to the tune of 7 H, 4 H, and 2 home runs.
Double-A: Springfield 2, Tulsa 6
- Mike Ohlman's bouncecback campaign continues. The Springfield backstop went 3-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI.
- Aledmys Diaz added a pair of doubles of his own.
- 1st baseman Jonathan Rodriguez was 1-3 with a 2B, a BB and a run scored.
High-A: Palm Beach 2, Brevard County 4
- Collin Radack went 2-4 with a R.
- Carson Kelly drove in a run with a 2B.
- This was a continuation of a game halted due to rain on Sunday. Rob Kaminsky fanned 3 of the six batters he faced before the game was called.
High-A: Palm Beach 2, Brevard County 1
- Collin Radack had his second multi-hit game of the day, and this time threw in a double for good measure.
- Blake Drake also had a double and an RBI.
- Corey Littrell struck out 4 and issued no walks in 6 innings of one run ball.
Rookie: Johnson City 4, Elizabethton 0
- Edmundo Sosa notched 3 singles to bump his season line up to .318/.365/.449
- 2015 20th round pick 3B Luke Doyle hit his 2nd homer of the season.
- 2015 5th rounder Ryan Helsley struck out 5 in 4 IP.
Rookie: Johnson City 1, Elizabethton 4
- Allen Staton played 3B in the second half of the double header and added a home run of his own.
- Undrafted free agent Harley Holt struck out 5, walked 2 and allowed 2 runs in 3.2 IP.