Monday was rough for the St. Louis Cardinals prospects. The system went a combined 2-4 and only a pair of splits of double-headers by Palm Beach and Johnson City prevented a clean sweep.
- Marco Gonzales threw 75 pitches over 5.1 IP, his longest outing since his return earlier this month. 52 of those pitches were strikes, but the Cubs didn't have much trouble handling them. They hit him to the tune of 7 H, 4 H, and 2 home runs.
- Collin Radack had his second multi-hit game of the day, and this time threw in a double for good measure.
- Blake Drake also had a double and an RBI.
- Corey Littrell struck out 4 and issued no walks in 6 innings of one run ball.
- Edmundo Sosa notched 3 singles to bump his season line up to .318/.365/.449
- Allen Staton played 3B in the second half of the double header and added a home run of his own.