Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! It's the best job ever! Here's a special vid from some friends of mine. https://t.co/JeQcIzQguf— Adam Wainwright (@UncleCharlie50) June 21, 2015
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.. Love you dad— Matt Carpenter (@MattCarp13) June 21, 2015
Happy Father's Day to all the "Pops" out there! Enjoy your day!— Xavier Scruggs (@Xavier_Scruggs) June 21, 2015
I became a father four years ago. It's the single most important thing I do every day. #workhardbegreat— Jose Bautista (@JoeyBats19) June 20, 2015
Happy #FathersDay to the Duffle Bag Boy Sr! Love you Dad— Dee Gordon (@FlashGJr) June 21, 2015
Happy Fathers Day to my Pops..Nobody in this world is a bigger inspiration to me than he is! The… https://t.co/ogAOm6AJ3m— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 21, 2015
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Especially my Dad who has played such an important role in my life. My biggest supporter!!— Mike Trout (@MikeTrout) June 21, 2015
Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) June 21, 2015
Anthony Rizzo (@ARizzo44) June 21, 2015
MLB and its 30 clubs will devote Father's Day to celebrating dads and increasing awareness of prostate cancer while also raising funds to fight the disease. It is part of MLB's ongoing efforts to raise awareness for various forms of cancer and a longstanding tradition now to team up with the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) and Stand Up To Cancer. - MLB
what else is going on in baseball...
- Max Scherzer throws a no hitter. - MLB; Cut4
- He almost had a perfect game, but Jose Tabata was hit by a pitch. - Federal Baseball
(Side note: Although the frustration is understandable, it is of this writer's belief that a perfect game should be earned, which means the pitcher must work for all twenty-seven outs. If hitters just gave up because it is "late in the game", that just seems to cheapen the whole thing. Perfect games should be really darn hard to pitch. My unwanted two cents.)
- The Diamondbacks and Braves have made a trade. - MLB
- And it looks kinda dumb, but let's try to rationalize it! - AZ Snake Pit
- Alex Rodriguez got his 3000th hit. - Fangraphs
- And it was a home run. - SBNation
- And it shows why we love baseball. - Pinstripe Alley
- Holy smokes, this catch by Carlos Correa. - Cut4
- A new way to look at sample size. - Fangraphs (Introduction); Fangraphs
- You must see King Felix's son throw out this first pitch. - Cut4
- Tony Gwynn Jr. hit a walkoff single on Father's Day. - Cut4
what the cardinals are up to...
@Cardinals You guys can go .500 the rest of the way and still win 92 games. But don't go .500 the rest of the way.— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) June 21, 2015
Yadier Molina has framed the most called strike 3s on pitches out of the zone this year with 68. Grandal 2nd with 59 http://t.co/l8W3ffkL2x— Daren Willman (@darenw) June 21, 2015
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the miami marlins
- The good news is, the Cardinals will miss this guy:
The bad news is we won't get to see this guy. *pouts
The worse news is it is because he had Tommy John surgery last year.
The better news is he is almost ready to come back!
- For all things Marlins, check out Fish Stripes! - Fish Stripes
the nl central
Todd Frazier's power explosion. - Fangraphs
St. Louis Cardinals 45 24 .652 Pittsburgh Pirates 39 30 .565 Chicago Cubs 37 30 .552 Cincinnati Reds 32 36 .471 Milwaukee Brewers 25 46 .352
|Friday, June 19||Cardinals||12||Phillies||4||VEB Recap||TGP Recap|
|Saturday, June 20||Cardinals||10||Phillies||1||VEB Recap||TGP Recap|
|Sunday, June 21||Cardinals||2||Phillies||9||VEB Recap||TGP Recap|
Tweet or e-mail me links:
- lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com