- Dean Anna, 2B, 0 for 3, 2 BBs, K, R
- Stephen Piscotty, RF, 0 for 4, SB, R
- Xavier Scruggs, 1B, 1 for 2, 2 BBs, R, RBI
- Greg Garcia, SS, 1 for 3, BB, K, Fielding Error
- Ty Kelly, 3B, 0 for 3, RBI, Error -- Missed Catch
- Nick Greenwood, 2 1/3 IP, 0 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 ER, 5 Runs, 5 Hits
- Keith Butler, 1 1/3 IP, 0 Ks, 0 BBs, 2 Hits, 3 ER
Not a stellar game for any part of the Memphis Redbirds. They failed to record a single extra base hit, with just three singles. They produced two errors in the field. They walked six and struck out just two.
Former Redbird Sam Freeman also pitched a scoreless inning against his old team, producing a walk and strikeout without surrendering any hits.
- Charlie Tilson, CF, 2 for 4, BB, 2 SBs, 2 Runs
- Jacob Wilson, 2B, 1 for 4, BB, 3 Ks, RBI
- Alex Mejia, 3B, 0 for 4, 2 Ks, Fielding Error
- Aledmys Diaz, SS, 1 for 4, K, Throwing Error
- Anthony Garcia, DH, 1 for 2, BB, SB
- Mike Mayers, 3 1/3 IP, K, 2 BBs, 7 Hits, 4 ER, 5 Runs
While it's encouraging to see Tilson hitting well so far, his ISO hasn't shown any improvement yet this season, which is something to keep an eye on. Most of his success so far has come from an 8.2 K%, which would be about half his career rate.
- C.J. McElroy, CF, 1 for 4, 3B, R
- Mason Katz, DH, 2 for 4, R, RBI
- Bruce Caldwell, 3B, 1 for 3, 2 BBs, R
- Juan Herrera, SS, 0 for 4, K
- Alex Reyes, 5 1/3 IP, 8 Ks, 2 BBs, 3 Hits, 0 R
- Chris Perry, 1 2/3 IP, 3 Ks, 3 BBs, 2 Hits, ER
Another high octane start for Reyes, and his third consecutive scoreless start. He faced twenty batters, putting away eight by strikeout for a 40% rate. That's actually just his 3rd best K% mark through four starts, but his BB% of 10% (2 of 20), is easily his best after marks of 15%, 14%, and 25% to start the year. He has also only allowed three hits in each start this year, with just one going for extra bases (a double).
Perry got the loss in extra innings. His walk rate has been a bit higher this season, as he starts to face advanced competition this may be a number to keep an eye on. At age 24 and still in the lower minors, he needs to show enough polish to avoid free passes if he wants to advance through the system.
Memphis: Tyler Lyons
Springfield: Thomas Lee
Palm Beach: Rob Kaminsky