On April 23, 1999, Fernando Tatis eteched his name into the baseball record books. In a feat likely never to be repeated again, Tatis hit two grand slams in the third inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers off Chan Ho Park. Ben Godar wrote about it last summer, describing it as "Being struck by lightning while winning the lottery".
Watch it here:
Follow Fernando Tatis* on Twitter @FTatis23.
*Probably not actually Fernando Tatis
what else is going on in baseball...
Above anything else, I hate to lose. -Jackie Robinson pic.twitter.com/NUMe4cUeng— Baseball Quotes (@BaseballQuotes1) April 21, 2015
what the cardinals are up to...
- I wanna go to Matt Carpenter camp...
Adam Wainwright and his wife, Jenny, have launched their 25:35 Foundation. Here is the foundation's website: http://t.co/4n1Q3n0NWq— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) April 23, 2015
- The Cardinals recently called up Mitch Harris. Here is his Q & A with Cardinals Farm's Dan Buffa. - Cardinals Farm
- Here is more on the newest Cardinal reliever and his unique path to the majors. - Viva el Birdos; STLToday; MLB; Mad em Dashes
Since Opening Day, Matt Holliday is the only Cardinals player on the current active roster with a stolen base.— Craig Edwards (@craigjedwards) April 21, 2015
- OF COURSE HE DOES.
- Adam Wainwright wants this to be the year, the year his has less walks than games started. - STL Sports Page
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the milwaukee brewers
- Scooter Gennett was injured in the shower. - Deadspin
Of course I follow Scooter Gennett on Twitter:
- Jonathan Lucroy broke his toe. - Hardball Talk
He will miss 4-6 weeks. - Brew Crew Ball
- So yeah, the Brewers are off to a rough start. - Fangraphs
- As of April 21:
Brewers (2-12) have a -46 run differential through 14 games, worst in the majors. Twins (5-9) are the next-worst at -27.— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) April 22, 2015
- Here is what the owner thinks. - Sports Illustrated
- Get more Brewers news at their SBN Site! - Brew Crew Ball
the nl central
- Pete Rose can participate in the All Star Game festivities. - Sports Illustrated
- So... uh... Bryan Price. I will just leave this here. - Cincinnati; SBNation
- Of course, Deadspin has the audio (edited, but still, obviously NSFW so put some headphones on). - Deadspin
- Addison Russell has been called up... kinda wanna go on a Bryan Price-like rant on Billy Beane right now, but I won't. - CBS; Hardball Talk
- Russell almost didn't answer the call. - MiLB
- And he got his first major league hit. - Hardball Talk
- Kris Bryant is a good hitter. - Fangraphs
St. Louis Cardinals 10 4 .714 Chicago Cubs 8 7 .533 Cincinnati Reds 8 8
Pittsburgh Pirates 8 8 .500 Milwaukee Brewers 3 13 .188
viva el stuff...
- Check out the Viva el Birdos Podcast Episode 25! - Viva el Podcast
- Bunting is less terrible, kinda. - Viva el Birdos
lso, it's WAY easier to remember http://t.co/JwvsVmMPip instead of some hodgepodge url.— Eric McFarland (@vexedtechie) April 23, 2015
When your boy from Chicago brags a little too much about how many more bascule bridges his city has than yours. http://t.co/hbDcYgsFJY— John (@johnjf125) April 24, 2015
- The Blues defeated the Wild Wednesday night 6-1 to even their best of seven playoff series 2-2 coming back to St. Louis. The series resumes tonight (Friday) at 8:30pm. - St. Louis Game Time
- This restaurant is opening in St. Louis. - New York Times
|Tuesday, April 21||Cardinals||1||Nationals||2||VEB Recap||FB Recap|
|Wednesday, April 22||Cardinals||7||Nationals||5||VEB Recap||FB Recap|
|Thursday, April 23||Cardinals||4||Nationals||1||VEB Recap||FB Recap|
Tweet me links @lil_scooter93 or e-mail me at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!