The Future Redbirds had another busy day Wednesday. Xavier Scruggs, Anthony Garcia, Jonathan Rodriguez, Brett Wiley and Alex De Leon all went deep against the Mets farm hands.
Editors' Note: Players, and especially pitchers, often play for multiple different spring training "farm teams" during these back field contests, depending on throw days, rest, and who management wants to see on a given day. Therefore, just because a player is on the field for Memphis, it doesn't mean he'll start the year there.
Memphis 7 - Las Vegas 2
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 2-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Anthony Garcia (RF): 1-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Tyler Lyons: 5 IP, 3 H, ER, BB, 4 K
Springfield 6 - Binghampton 6
- Jonathan Rodriguez (1B): 1-3, R, HR, 5 RBI, BB, K
- Aledmys Diaz (DH) – 2 for 4, 2B
- Thomas Lee: 5 IP, 4 H, ER, 3 K
- Brett Wiley (3B): 3-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Blake McKnight: 1 IP, H, K
- Jhonny Polanco – 1 IP, K
- Magnueris Sierra (CF): 2-5, 2 R
- Alex De Leon (1B): 3-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, K
- Luis Perdomo – 4 IP, 4 H, ER, BB, 5 K
The Cardinals will have 4 games against the Marlins system today. All of the players will play a level higher than they normally do, because the Memphis players head north this morning. Because they play the big leaguers in Memphis tomorrow. The Cardinals are stopping there on the their way to Chicago. Because REAL BASEBALL IS ALMOST HERE.