St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) April 13, 2015
It's incomprehensible that Bob Gibson is 79 years old. He still looks like he could give the Cardinals 5 innings....— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) April 13, 2015
My sweet lord. pic.twitter.com/airwZOSLoc— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) April 13, 2015
Oscar Taveras tribute was really well done.— Craig Edwards (@craigjedwards) April 13, 2015
First Opening Day experience at Busch yesterday. Had my glove hand ready... pic.twitter.com/sMcJXqP8ST— Jake Allen (@34jallen) April 14, 2015
what else is going on in baseball...
- Some baseball books coming out this spring. - The Daily Beast
Twins_morsecode) April 13, 2015
- Madison Bumgarner rides a horse. - Deadspin
- This is Carter Capps. He jumps when he pitches. Yes, it is worse than Jordan Walden. - SBNation
- Check out these other crazy deliveries. - Sports on Earth
- The Yankees are sort of totally ignoring Alex Rodriguez. - NY Daily News
- Here is an article on Dwight Gooden's 1985 season. - The Hardball Times
- Games are actually shorter. - Deadspin
- A very interesting note on those frustrating metal detectors. - Hardball Talk
- This article is on baseball video games. - Grantland
- Speaking of video games... - Cut4
- How did bat flips become such a bad thing? - Sports on Earth
- How easy is it to unknowingly take PEDs? - Sports Illustrated
- MARNIE THE DOG. - Cut4
- Jackie Robinson was a good ball player. - Cut4
- Holy smokes, Nolan. - Hardball Talk
- Oh, and Nolan Arenado is good at hitting, too. - Fangraphs
The great leaping Kevin Pillar, ladies and gentlemen. pic.twitter.com/JmCT4rDcua— Ian Hunter (@BlueJayHunter) April 16, 2015
Sandy Koufax on Clayton Kershaw just now: "By the time he's done I'll be honored to be compared to him."— SB Nation MLB (@SBNationMLB) April 16, 2015
.@MLB he killed a guy— John (@johnjf125) April 16, 2015
- Check out this story of a cricket player trying baseball. - News Leader
- Giancarlo Stanton breaks Dan Uggla's home run record. - MLB
- Watch this catch. Like right now. - Cut4
what the cardinals are up to...
Asked about 50 wins, Lynn said "it means I play for a pretty good team. Happy to be here." #STLCards— Dan Buffa (@buffa82) April 16, 2015
Reyes' game score of 70 is the highest of any minor league starter this season and ties Lance Lynn for the organization— CardinalsFarm (@CardinalsFarm) April 16, 2015
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the cincinnati reds...
the nl central...
Jorge Solers HRs last night were 103 MPH and 109 MPH off the bat. Of the 8 ABs there is data for he leads #MLB in avg MPH off bat 100.8— Daren Willman (@darenw) April 14, 2015
Kris Bryant recalled to Cubs. Cubs 3B This Season BA .148 Last OBP .233 27th Slug pct .259 28th— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 17, 2015
My piece on Kris Bryant (I actually didn't do one in the first onslaught) is coming in the not-too-distant future.— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) April 17, 2015
- johnjf125 writes about the last game we saw at Busch Stadium before the home opener. - Viva el Birdos
Oscar Mercado already has 6 stolen bases with the Peoria Chiefs. Full box score from tonight's 12-inning win: pic.twitter.com/hkBBzih9zL— stlCupofJoe (@stlCupofJoe) April 16, 2015
This is a Cardinals blog. I know that, you probably know that. So, as much as I like to write about the Cardinals at this sophisticated establishment, I feel an obligation to keep fellow members aware to the news of the day.
And so, it is with a heavy heart I must warn you...
Winter is coming.
The newest White Walker up North is Kris Bryant. After spending some time in the minors to work on his outfield defense, the Cubs have deemed him ready for major league action. Here is some further information to amaze and terrify you.
|St. Louis Cardinals||5||3||.625|
viva el stuff...
- The Blues drop game one of their Stanley Cup Playoff series against the Wild 4-2. - St. Louis Game Time