The Cardinals were involved in a lot of action yesterday, completing several moves. Viva El Birdos wrote on all of them with a few other items of interest as well.
Tony Cruz Trade
- Tony Cruz was trade from the Cardinals to the Royals-The team received infielder Jose Martinez, a 19-year-old from Venezuela.
- A tribute to Tony Cruz's time with the Cardinals-Congrats to lil scooter on a job done.
Peter Bourjos Waived
- The Cardinals put Bourjos on waivers and he was picked up by the Phillies-Bourjos never really got on track with the Cardinals, and we will probably never know why, but we is certainly an exciting player and we wish him the best of luck with the Phillies.
David Price and the Starting Rotation
- The Cardinals missed out on David Price, so what does the rotation look like-the red baron takes a look at what the Cardinals missed out on when David Price signed with the Red Sox, and then he takes a look at what the Cardinals have left.
- With David Price gone, is Mike Leake an option? Joe Schwarz takes a look at Mike Leake to see if he might be a good fit for the Cardinals even though he will be commanding a long-term deal.
- The deadline to offer contracts to arbitration-eligible players was last night-The Cardinals jettisoned Steve Cishek and offered contracts to Trevor Rosenthal, Seth Maness, Brandon Moss, and Matt Adams. THe post takes a look at the current Cardinals' roster.
- A primer on Jason Heyward-Ben Godar has some "advice" for general managers of teams not the Cardinals. In short: He's terrible! Stay Away!
- John Mozeliak will stop at nothing when it comes to signing Jason Heyward-Even if it means dressing up like a UPS driver in this fantastic cartoon.
- The Cardinals offered a ton to David Price. Does that mean they were less interested in Jason Heyward?-Not necessarily as this post looks to determine if the Cardinals could have afforded both players.
Thanks for reading.