After a long holiday weekend with Major League Baseball's Winter Meetings right around the corner, I realize that many of you might have missed some Cardinals activity over the break. This post should help you catch up.
- Cardinals have arbitration decisions on Brandon Moss, Steve Cishek and Peter Bourjos-With the deadline to tender contracts coming up this week, the Cardinals will soon be choosing which arbitration-eligible players to offer contracts to for next season.
- Thanksgiving 2015-Red Baron wishes everyone at VEB a Happy Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving-Lil Scooter rounds up links from all over baseball.
- David Price, Ben Zobrist, and Jason Heyward-Cardinals appear to be in on some of the top free agents, and the Cubs might be interested in Jason Heyward.
- The Cardinals competition for David Price-Nick Lampe took a look at some of David Price's other suitors, and how serious they might be in trying to woo the best pitcher on the free agent market.
Japanese Free Agent Kenta Maeda
- A Brief look at Kenta Maeda-The title of the article is somewhat misleading as Red Baron had a fairly deep look into the potential for the Cardinals to pursue Maeda, and compares to him to another free agent currently available on the market.
Matt Carpenter, Jason Heyward, and Alex Reyes
- Birdos in Brief-We recently started a new section at VEB called Birdos in Brief. In this section, you will find short bits of news, links to articles and tweets on rumors, information on prospects, and other interesting and noteworthy items. Included in this section are items on Jason Heyward's throwing arm, Alex Reyes' prospect status, and Matt Carpenter's ranking among third baseman.
- These items will appear in the box underneath the main articles in the front page, seen in the screenshot below:
- You can also find many of these items on our Facebook page.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the Cardinals pursuit of, and hopefully eventual signing of, Jason Heyward.