There once was a place called Wrigley
Where in cups patrons must pee
There the Cardinals did go
To continue the show
And boy, what a game we did see!
In the first, Arrieta did pitch
And he did so without a hitch
Out Carpenter flew
A pitch Holliday swung through
The pitchtrax has a glitch.
Wacha did not look sharp
About his command the fans would harp
He induced a double play
iItwas lucky, but that's okay
Maybe he'll channel Darth Carp.
Wacha started to settle in
Then the Cardinals started to win
Peralta doubled at the wall
Pham hit the ball
Matt Holliday scored right then.
But the wind was blowing in Chi-Town
And Wacha didn't keep the ball down
The ball soared through the air
Castro hit it fair
The Cardinals fans began to frown
The Cardinals did not quit
Another home run was hit
Jason Heyward this time
For he, they should sign
But that was far from it.
If you thought the homers were done
You were surprised when Fowler hit one
The Cubs went up eight to four
Don't let them score more
This game is nearly done.
But the Cardinals had one last try
When Piscotty hit a big fly
That was all they could get
But the series ain't over yet
Tomorrow is do or die.
- Taking a page out of iHeartBoog's playbook to try to recap this crazy game.
- Molina was shaken up on a swing and left the game shortly after.
- Addison Russell left the game after sliding headfirst into third on a two out triple. He was replaced by Javier Baez.
- John Lackey will start tomorrow on short rest.
- Jaime Garcia would be on full rest for game five.
- The Cubs hit six home runs this game, which is a record so...
LIL SCOOTER'S PEST OF THE GAME/HONORARY MARCO SCUTARO AWARD:
Jorge Solar was 2-2 with a home run and two walks and had a win expectancy added of .212.
Tomorrow's game is at 3:37pm central and features John Lackey against Jason Hammel.