- Thomas Pham (CF), 1 for 4, 2B, 2 BBs, 2 Ks, 2 Runs
- Stephen Piscotty (RF), 2 for 5, 2B, HR, BB, 2 Runs, 3 RBI
- Xavier Scruggs (1B), 3 for 5, 2B, HR, K, R, RBI
- Greg Garcia (2B), 0 for 4, BB, 2 Ks
- Mike O'Neill (PH), 0 for 1
- Rafael Ortega (LF), 1 for 4, BB, K, R, Throwing Error
- Mike Mayers, 5.0 IP, 4 Ks, BB, 9 Hits, 5 Runs, 4 ER, 2 HRs
- Mitch Harris, 1.0 IP, 2 Ks, H
- Sam Tuivailala, 1.0 IP, 2 Ks, H
The Memphis Redbirds are Division Champions and will advance to the playoffs. They'll face the Omaha Stormchasers.
This concludes what has been one of Tommy Pham's best seasons, and not coincidentally one of his healthiest, certainly since 2010. Part of his season has been some good luck on BABIP, as his is .396 this season. However, he still projects for a solid BABIP, and he has the secondary skills to produce. With any luck, we;ll see him in St. Louis after the Redbirds win their PCL championship.
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 2 for 5, RBI, SB
- Alex Mejia (SS), 0 for 5, K, Fielding Error
- Cody Stanley (C), 1 for 4, 2B, BB, 2 Ks, R
- Nick Petree, 4 2/3 IP, 2 Ks, BB, 10 Hit, 7 Runs, 5 ER
A rough AA first start for Nick Petree, but overall he has had a pretty excellent season. He started off in Peoria this season, but finished it with a 2.51 ERA in 129 IP, with a K:BB ration a bit over 3:1.
- Vaughn Bryan (CF-LF), 2 for 5, BB, K, 2 Runs, SB
- C.J. McElroy (PH-CF), 0 for 2, K
- Rowan Wick (RF), 1 for 6, HR, K, R, RBI
- Steve Bean (DH), 0 for 5, 3 Ks
- Rob Kaminsky, 5.0 IP, 3 Ks, BB, 5 Hits, 4 Runs, 3 ER
Peoria finished just one game out of the playoffs
Kaminsky ended his season with a pretty excellent ERA of 1.88, but his K:BB ratio has been just pretty good at 107:40.
- Darren Seferina (2B), 2 for 4, BB, RBI, CS
- Edmundo Sosa (SS), 0 for 1, K
- Nick Thompson (RF), 1 for 4, R
- Alex De Leon (1B), 4 for 5, HR, R, 3 RBI
- Austin Gomber, 7.0 IP, 4 Ks, 5 Hits
Another fine outing by Gomber, his 2nd consecutive with no BBs and no runs allowed.
- Casey Turgeon (2B), 2 for 4, 2B, BB, RBI, 3 Runs
- Oscar Mercado (SS), 3 for 5, 2B, 3 RBI, 3 Runs, SB
- Magneuris Sierra (CF), 2 for 5, 2B, K, R
- Landon Beck, 5.0 IP, 4 Ks, BB, 3 Hits, 3 ER
- Anderson Gerdel, 3 2/3 IP, 3 Ks, 2 Hits, 0 ER
This was actually the 2nd game of a playoff series for Johnson City, and they tied up the three-game series at one apiece.
Which means Mercado chose a good day to actually start hitting! It was a tough regular season for Mercado, as he OPS'd .609. Of course, defensively he accumulated several errors as well. He did OPS a bit better at .659 in August, but his BA was still .219. I'm not saying to quit on this guy, but he has a long ways to go.
Matt Pearce takes the hill against Elizabethton in the series-deciding match for Johnson City.