Memphis 4 - Round Rock 0 (7 Innings)
- Tommy Pham (CF): 2-4, R, HR, RBI, K
- Randal Grichuk (LF): 2-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 0-3
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-3, RBI, K
- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-3, K
- Audry Perez (C): 1-3, RBI, K
- Jermaine Curtis (DH): 1-3, R
- Pete Kozma (SS): 1-2, RBI, BB
- Tyler Lyons (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K
Memphis 7 - Round Rock 6 (7 Innings)
- Tommy Pham (CF): 0-2, 2 BB, K
- Randal Grichuk (RF): 2-4, R, RBI, SB
- Scott Moore (LF): 1-3, R, 2 K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 0-2, 2 R, 2 BB, 2 K
- Ed Easley (C): 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- Greg Garcia (2B): 3-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, K
- Pete Kozma (SS): 0-3, BB, 2 K
- Jermaine Curtis (DH): 2-4, R, RBI
- Boone Whiting (SP): 3 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 4 K
- Tyler Lyons threw his 2nd straight complete game (albeit a 7 inning one) which was also the 5th complete game of his Memphis career, making him the Redbirds all time leader in complete games. Since returning to the Memphis rotation on July 18th Lyons has pitched 28 innings, allowed 5 runs, struck out 23 and walked only 1.
- At 1st glance Greg Garcia has been showing some signs of life lately, slashing .365/.375/.484 in his last 10 games. That .365 batting average has been mostly singles though, and he has still been showing very little of his trademark patience at the plate.
- The 1st time through the Express order Boone Whiting struck out 3 and didn't allow a run, the 2nd time was a different story. After letting the bottom 2 batters reach base he was pulled before he could get a chance to face the lineup a 3rd time.
- Pham's leadoff homer in Game 1 was his 7th of the season, but it has been his only extra base hit in the last 10 games.
- These 2 clubs will be awfully familiar with each other, they play their 2nd straight twin bill tonight.
Arkansas 5 - Springfield 0
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-5
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 1-5
- Cody Stanley (DH): 0-3, BB
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 1-4, 3 K
- Jimmy Reed (SP): 5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 0 BB, 4 K, HR
- There just is not a lot of offense on the Springfield active roster right now, they are currently 2nd to last in the Texas League in scoring. James Ransey was the only player having a huge season and he is in the Indians organization, the only other S-Card with an OPS north of .800, Jacob Wilson, is on the shelf right now.
Dunedin 5 - Palm Beach 4
- Bruce Caldwell (2B): 0-4, 2 K
- Luke Voit (1B): 2-4, 2B
- Anthony Garcia (DH): 0-3
- Greg Miclat (SS): 2-4, 2 R, 2B
- Jimmy Bosco (LF): 2-4, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, K
- Gerwuins Velazco (C): 1-4, R, 3B
- Silfredo Garcia (SP): 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 5 BB, 7 K
- Chris Perry (RP): 2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 3 K
- Almost all of the offense for Palm Beach came from the bottom of the order. Miclat, Bosco, and Velazco combined to score and drive in all but 1 of the runs, and accounted for 4 of the 5 extra base hits, including a catcher triple from Velazco.
- Chris Perry suffered his 1st loss and 1st blown save since being promoted to the Florida State League. His walks are up and his strike outs are down since his arrival in Palm Beach, but he has not even pitched 10 innings yet.
Wisconsin 1 - Peoria 1 (Suspended 9 Innings)
- Vaughn Bryan (LF): 1-4, SB
- CJ McElroy (CF): 0-3, BB, K
- Justin Ringo (1B): 2-4, R, SB
- Ronald Castillo (DH): 1-3, BB
- Rowan Wick (RF): 0-3, 2 K
- Cesar Valera (3B): 2-4, RBI
- Steve Bean (C): 0-4
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 7.1 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
- Kyle Barraclough (RP): 1.2 IP, 3 K
- Arturo Reyes, the other starting pitcher drafted out of Gonzaga last year, had perhaps his strongest outing of the season. He struck out 10 and the only run he allowed reached base on an error by shortstop Juan Herrera. Reyes has only allowed 1 walk in his last 4 starts and has struck out 26 batters in his last 19.1 innings.
- 50 plate appearances into his stint in the Midwest League Rowan Wick has struck out at a 42% clip.
- Walks have been a problem for Barraclough this season, so it was good to see him get through his inning without issuing a free pass. He is striking out Midwest League batters at an almost 40% rate this season.
- The game was suspended due to rain after 9 innings and will be completed on August 7th.
Hudson Valley 2 - State College 0
- Darren Seferina (2B): 2-4
- Robelys Reyes (SS): 1-4
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 2-4, K, SB, CS
- Trey Neilsen (SP): 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Johnson City 2 - Elizabethton 0 (7 Innings)
- Casey Turgeon (2B): 0-3, K
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 0-3
- Blake Drake (CF): 0-3
- Chris Rivera (3B): 1-3, 2B, 2 K
- Cole Lankford (LF): 1-3, R, 3B
- Jose Gomez (C): 1-3, R, SB
- Julio Mateo (SP): 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
Memphis: Carlos Martinez
Memphis: Nick Greenwood
Palm Beach: Corey Baker
State College: TBD
Johnson City: Matt Pearce
GCLCardinals: Jack Flaherty