The biggest change lately for Adam Wainwright has been his increasing walk rate.
That combined with less strikeouts is leading to trouble.
Obviously, Waino is a very good pitcher. As you can see above, even when he is not at his best "stuff" wise, he can rely on pinpoint control. When he doesn't have pinpoint control, he can usually rely on his "stuff". Lately he hasn't had either. This coupled with his elbow tendinitis from earlier in the year is very concerning. Let's hope this extra day in-between starts gives the Cardinals ace enough time to rest and refocus. - Viva el Birdos
other things going on in baseball...
- Here is another look at what every team did at the trade deadline. - MLB Daily Dish
- The NFL's domestic violence problems have recently been exposed, but it is not the only league with this issue. (thanks for the link, flood!) - SBNation
- Vin Scully will be back for 2015! - MLB; Sports on Earth
- Yasiel Puig hits dinger, Dodgers blow bubbles. - Cut4
- A reader at Royals Review got to spend some time with Royals Assistant GM Dean Talyor and wrote this interesting fanpost about the experience. Very cool. - Royal Review
- McKayla Maroney throws out a unique first pitch. - Cut4
- Sam Fuld... is that the guy the A's got from Boston? Anyway, I showed this throw to my four-year-old sister and she proclaimed she could throw far, too, and started throwing things all over the house. - MLB
- Some Mets fans come up with clever signs about Hunter Pence. - Cut4
- The wildest pitches in July! - Fangraphs
what the cardinals are up to...
- Adam Wainwright trashed Blaine Boyer's locker, but Boyer got the last laugh. (thanks flood!) - Fox Sports
- Someone worked some photoshop magic with to make this "Wolf of Wall Street" scene better than the original. - Twitter
- Lance Lynn has been a steal for the Cardinals the past three seasons, but with his arbitration eligibility, that might soon change. (thanks again, flood!) - Beyond the Box Score
- Tyler Lyons is the all team leader in complete games for the Memphis Redbirds. - Viva el Birdos
- Last week the Cardinals traded James Ramsey for Justin Masterson of the Indians. Aaron explained why he was excited by the move. Grant Brisbee shares his excitement. (thanks flood!) - SBNation
- The loss of Yadier Molina and his game calling skills were a tough pill to swallow for the 'Birds. - Grantland
KNOW THINE ENEMY
the nl central
- Aroldis Chapman throws 104 mph. - MLB
- If you haven't seen this Andrew McCutchen impression of Tom Cruise yet, you need to. - MLB Fancave
Milwaukee Brewers 61 51 .545 - St. Louis Cardinals 59 51 .536 1.0 Pittsburgh Pirates 59 52 .532 1.5 Cincinnati Reds 56 55 .505 4.5 Chicago Cubs 47 63 .427 13.0
the boston red sox
- Day = Ruined - Cards Conclave
- The Red Sox had a pretty big trade deadline. - Over the Monster
- The preview will be up tomorrow, but in the meantime you can check out the Red Sox SBN blog! - Over the Monster
|Friday, August 1||Brewers||7||Cardinals||4||VEB Recap||BCB Recap|
|Saturday, August 2||Brewers||7||Cardinals||9||VEB Recap||BCB Recap|
|Sunday, August 3||Brewers||2||Cardinals||3||VEB Recap||BCB Recap|
Today is an off day :(
Tomorrow Lance Lynn takes the mound for the Birdos. Opposing him will be Rubby De La Rosa making his tenth start of the season. Game time is 7:15pm.