- Tommy Pham (CF): 1-4, R, 2B, K
- Randal Grichuk (DH): 0-2, RBI, BB, K, SB (8)
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-4, R, K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 2-4, K
- Ed Easley (C): 1-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, K
- Pete Kozma (SS): 2-3, R, 2B
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-3, BB
- Tim Cooney (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 K
- Kevin Siegrist (RP): 1 IP, BB, 2 K
- Tim Cooney hasn't had the season many were hoping he would. So far this year he has been allowing walks and homers at almost double the pace he had at any other level. He's been a better, if still a bit homer prone in the second half though. He has only 9 BB since the start of July and has hasn't walked more than 2 batters in an outing since June.
- Also, Cooney's win last night tied the Memphis single season franchise record. He joins Lance Lynn and the great Larry (just Larry, not Lawrence) Luebbers with 13 wins.
- The win and a Nashville Sounds loss, moved the Redbirds into 1st place.
- Only 8 more days in August, Mr. Pham.
- Rafael Ortega (RF): 1-3, 2 BB
Breyvic Valera (2B): 2-4, R, 3B, RBI, BB, K
- Cody Stanley (C): 0-4, 2 K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (DH): 0-3, R, BB, K
Curt Smith (1B): 2-4, RBI
Charlie Tilson (CF): 3-4, RBI, SB (2)
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 0-4, 3 K
- Mike Mayers (SP): 6 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 5 K
Mitch Harris (RP): 2 IP, H, 2 K
- Springfield put together a 3 run rally in the 3rd to take the lead. It was the only runs they scored, but the pitching made it hold up.
- The most interesting prospects at Springfield right now may all be relief pitchers. None of those relievers pitched last night.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 0-1, R, BB
- David Washington (RF): 0-1, R, BB, K
Ildemaro Vargas (3B): 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Luke Voit (1B): 0-3, RBI, K
- Joe Cuda (SP): 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Thomas Lee (RP): 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
- Nick Martini (CF): 1-2, R, BB, SB (4)
- Bruce Caldwell (2B): 1-3, R
- Luke Voit (DH): 2-3, 2 R, RBI
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 1-3, 2 RBI
- Mason Katz (1B): 2-3, RBI
- Jimmy Reed (SP): 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- Thomas Lee (RP): 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
- Kevin Herget (RP) 1 IP, H, 2 K
- The 1st game of the double-header was the resumption of a game that was suspended on July 6th. Normally, if Charlie Tilson appeared in the box score for Springfield and Palm Beach in the same DFR you would be right to assume I made a typo, but Tilson did in fact start the game for Palm Beach back on July
5th6th (that one actually was a typo).
- The win in the 2nd game means that Palm Beach is in 1st place in their division with just over a week to play.
- Mason Katz's walks and strikeouts are down a tick from his stint in Peoria, and his ISO is down considerably, but he has put together a solid line in the Florida State League thus far, which is nice to see. He turned 24 this past week, so for him to remain on the radar as a prospect you'd think he'd have to start 2015 in Springfield and hit the ground running.
- CJ McElroy (CF): 2-4, R
- Richie Pedroza (2B): 0-2, R, BB
Carson Kelly (3B): 1-3, RBI
- Ronald Castillo (LF): 1-3, RBI, BB
- Rowan Wick (RF): 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Robert Stock (RP): 1.1 IP, BB
- Arturo Reyes has the unfortunate distinction of being both the other A. Reyes in Peoria and the other starting pitcher from Gonzaga the Cardinals drafted last year. Thus far he has not done a whole lot to distinguish himself either, although he has been on a pretty decent run since the calendar flipped over to July.
C.J. McElroy has been the same player at the plate in Peoria as he has been at almost every other stop. He walks at a decent clip, limts his strikeouts and has absolutely no power. His raw speed has begun to translate to stolen bases though. He has more stolen more bases this season than he had in his entire career before 2014.
- Fun Fact that means absolutely nothing: Matt Adams (5) has more triples than C.J. McElroy (2) this year.
- This was the 1st time in August that Rowan Wick did not strikeout in a game.
- If the Chiefs win today they will be tied for 1st in Wild Card standings.
- Darren Seferina (2B): 2-5, 2 R, 2B, K, SB
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 3-5, 2 R, RBI
- Nick Thompson (RF): 2-4, RBI, K
- Jake Stone (1B): 2-4, 2B, K
- Robelys Reyes (SS): 2-4, R, 2B, K
- Jhohan Acevedo (CF): 2-4, 2 R, RBI, K, 2 SB
- Daniel Poncedeleon (SP): 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K
- Joe Scanio (RP): 1 IP, 3 K
- Casey Turgeon (2B): 0-3, R, 2 BB
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 0-3, 2 K
- Blake Drake (CF): 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Casey Grayson (1B): 2-4, R
- Devante Lacy (LF): 1-4, R, 2B
- Jose Godoy (DH): 1-3, 2B, BB
- Juan Perez (SP): 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 7 K
- Magneuris Sierra (CF): 0-4, R, K
- Edmundo Sosa (SS): 1-2, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Michael Pritchard (1B): 3-4, 3 R, RBI, BB
- Jake Gronsky (DH): 3-3, R, 3 RBI, BB
- Malik Collymore (PH): 0-1
- Ramon Santos (SP): 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 4 K
Memphis: Jonathan Cornelius
Palm Beach: Corey Littrell
Peoria: Kyle Helisek
State College: Will Anderson
Johnson City: Steven Farinaro
GCLCardinals: Andrew Reidt