- Tommy Pham (CF): 1-4, R, K
- Randal Grichuk (LF): 1-4, R
- Scott Moore (3B): 1-3, R, RBI, K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-4, HR, 2 RBI
- Greg Garcia (2B): 2-4, 2B
- Tim Cooney (SP): 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
- As DaveJ mentioned in the comments yesterday, Stephen Piscotty had been struggling a bit as of late, so it was nice to see him get into one. His 2 run homer in the 6th was his 8th of the season, and gave Memphis the lead
- Xavier Scruggs followed that with his 16th home run of the year in the top of the 9th, which broke a 3-3 tie and ended up being the margin of victory for Memphis.
- Cardinals645 noted in yesterday's DFR that Greg Garcia has been red hot lately, and he kept it up last night, collecting a double and a base hit.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 0-4, 2 K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 0-3, BB
- Cody Stanley (C): 0-1
- Rafael Ortega (RF): 1-4
- Jonathan Cornelius (SP): 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
- Christopher Thomas (RP): 1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 K
- Seth Blair (RP): 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB
- Dixon Llorens (RP): .1 IP, 2 BB, K
- Christopher Thomas has not been able to put up the same gaudy strikeout numbers in the Texas League that he managed to put up in the lower levels, but on the plus side he has also done a better job of limiting free passes thus far.
- Springfield only trailed by 2 runs headed into the 9th, but Seth Blair and Dixon Llorens combined to walk 5 batters, and Frisco scored 3 runs in the inning without the help of a hit. Seth Blair also uncorked 3 wild pitches, in his 2/3 of an inning.
- Nick Martini (CF): 0-5, R, BB, 2 K, SB
Greg Miclat (SS): 2-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- Aledmys Diaz (DH): 0-3, R, BB, SB
- Luke Voit (1B): 2-5, 2 2B, RBI
- Bruce Caldwell (2B-1B): 1-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, 2 K
- Mason Katz (PH-2B): 1-2, 2 R, 2B
- Ildemaro Vargas (3B-RF): 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- Dante Rosenberg (C): 2-4, 2B, RBI, K
- Corey Littrell (SP): 7 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 BB, 2 K, 2 HR
- Chris Perry (RP): 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- Bruce Caldwell's homer was his 12th of the season, which ties him with David Washington for the team lead.
Peoria 4 - Burlington 2 (14 Innings)
- Vaughn Bryan (LF): 3-6, R, 2B
- CJ McElroy (CF): 1-3, R, BB, K
- Juan Herrera (SS): 1-6, 2B, RBI
- Justin Ringo (1B): 3-6 R, 2B, RBI, K
Carson Kelly (DH): 0-6
- Rowan Wick (RF): 1-6, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- Steve Bean (C): 2-6
- Alex Reyes (SP): 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 11 K
- Robert Stock (RP): 4 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Jhonny Polanco (RP): 1 IP, 3 K
- Kyle Barraclough (RP): 1 IP, BB, 2 K
- Alex Reyes was obviously the story. He pitched 6 innings and fanned half of the 22 batters he faced, while only issuing 2 walks.
- Is it too early to dust off the ol' Rowan Wick Dinger Alert? (Yes it is).
- Danny Diekroeger (2B): 3-5, 2B, K
- Robelys Reyes (SS): 1-5, SB (13)
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 1-4
- Alex De Leon (DH): 0-3, BB, K
- Will Anderson (SP): 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Tough night for Will Anderson. He pitched fairly well, but was let down by his defense (an error with 2 outs in the 6th that would have gotten him out of the inning), his offense (who could not muster a run) and his bullpen (which allowed the 2 inherited base runners to score).
- Reyes's steal put him one ahead of Darren Seferina for the team lead. Both Reyes and Seferina are in the top 10 in stolen bases in the New York-Penn League as well.
- Casey Turgeon (2B): 1-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 0-3, R, BB, SB (18)
- Blake Drake (CF): 0-4, R
- Chris Rivera (3B): 0-2, 2 R, 2 BB, K
- Bladmil Franco (DH): 1-3, 2 R, BB
- Carlos Torres (RF): 1-2, 2 RBI, BB
- Matt Pearce (SP): 5 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 5 K
GCL Marlins 2 - GCL Cardinals 0
- Magneuris Sierra (CF): 0-3, K
- Edmundo Sosa (SS): 1-4
- Malik Collymore (2B): 0-4, 3 K
- Ronnie Williams (SP): 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K
- With the big club in Miami to play the Marlins, Derrick Goold made the trip up to Jupiter to watch the Card's GCL affiliate, his 1st hand account is up at stltoday.com. He also includes a link to his youtube channel which has some video he shot yesterday.
Memphis: Marco Gonzales
Springfield: Hurt Heyer
Palm Beach: Tyrell Jenkins
Peoria: Chase Brookshire
State College: Dewin Perez
Johnson City: Dailyn Martinez
Johnson City: Sasha Kuebel
GCLCardinals: Frederis Parra