July 13, 2014 7:07am
They came for me in the middle of the night. I was roused from my deep slumber, my head covered so I couldn't see. I fought, I fought with all my might, but they were too strong. They drug me away. I do not know where I am.
July 13, 2014 11:28pm
It has been almost a day down here. I am cold, scared. I am alone. The only sound is the dripping of water from the ceiling. Drip, drip, drip. Like the ticking of the clock, ticking away my life every second I spend in this dark, dank prison.
July 19, 2014 12:30am
No one even came to check on me today. No one has been here for several days, it seems. I counted 9,268 drips today before I lost track.
July 19, 2014 5:48am
Today is the day I escape. There has been no activity, which gave me time to chisel away at my restraints. Now to overpower the guard and run out of the building. I have never shied away from violence before. I shall not begin to now.
July 19, 2014 9:56pm
I had escaped, and oh, was the freedom beautiful. I ran, jumped, walked... I lived. But then I was captured, and now my restraints are tighter, colder, more suffocating. He told me I will never see the light of day again. I am scared I will die down here.
July 22, 2014 10:15pm
It has been nine days since I was first imprisoned. I was starting to lose faith. But then, a man brought me my daily ration of stale bread and lukewarm water. I could not see his face, just his marvelous bow tie.
"We have infiltrated his ranks and we are busting you out of here," he whispered.
"I cannot tell you, for risk of capture. But just know: we broke Kolten out, and we will free you as well, Oscar."
He left, then. I do not know who he was, but I hope he is true to his word.
other things going on in baseball...
- Check out these cool bat tricks! - MLB Fancave
- Tony LaRussa goes into the Hall of Fame this weekend. Here is his SABR bio. - SABR
- Jeff Francoeur seems like a riot. These just keep endearing him to me. Please start being better at baseball, Fenchy! - MLB Fancave
- This Brady Aiken/Astros thing is a mess. (thanks rockinhighsocks!) - Sports Illustrated
- I think Barry Bonds turned 50 Thursday... Jeez. - Old Time Family Baseball
- The Yankees are looking at Ian Kennedy. - Hardball Talk
- Johnny Damon adjusts to life after baseball (per an Aaron Finkel recommendation). - Sports on Earth
- Jonathan Papelbon has such a way with words. - Hardball Talk
- This is an interesting article about saber-champion Billy Beane. (thanks rockinhighsocks!) - Five Thirty Eight
- These trades are getting nuttier and nuttier. Joakim Soria was traded to the Tigers. - Bless You Boys
- These managers might be fired at the end of the season. Guess which one isn't one the list. Like that isn't a surprise, guys! - SBNation
- Competitive Balance Lottery Results (giggles). - SBNation
- The shift suppresses offense, so a new rule to make it illegal is being thrown around. (thanks to rockinghighsockssince87) - Sports Illustrated
what the cardinals are up to...
- Oh jeez, what aren't they up to...
First of all, Oscar Taveras not starting Tuesday:
Remember that time Matheny started playing top prospect Kolten Wong everyday and he started hitting really well. That is a thing that works.— Craig Edwards (@craigjedwards) July 22, 2014
I'm vacationing in the Dominican Republic. Confused locals asking if Oscar Taveras is on DL or was sent to minors. I shrug.— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) July 22, 2014
Matheny talking Taveras/Craig pregame: "We've got to do what we can to win today, we're not here in the development business."— Chris Hrabe (@chrabe) July 22, 2014
- More Craig James Edwards angry tweets here. - Viva el Birdos
- Drew Silva talks David Price on 101.1 ESPN. - 101.1 ESPN
Meanwhile Cardinal fans try to seduce him. - USA Today
D Rays Bay talks David Price to the Cardinals. Also... NO. - D Rays Bay
- Greg Maddux once pitched for the Peoria Chiefs. - WSBTV
- Carlos Martinez will go back to the 'pen as Shelby Miller goes back into the rotation. Sad. - By Gosh; Hardball Talk
- Yadier Molina left this snack at home plate for his brother Jose Molina. It is adorable. - Cut4
- Jason Motte talks with our buddy Chris Hrabe on KMOX. - KMOX
KNOW THINE ENEMY
the nl central
- Look at what the Pirates did for this 12 year old cancer patient. - SBNation; MLB Fancave
- Starling Marte will hit the concussion list. - Hardball Talk; Sports Illustrated
- Bud Selig goes to Pittsburgh and says baseball is as good as it has ever been. - Bucs Dugout
- Who is in the Ninja Turtle costume? Just guess. (I was Leonardo one year for Halloween, just a fun fact.) - MLB
- Standings (being idle two days this week didn't help):
Milwaukee Brewers 58 45 .563 - Pittsburgh Pirates 54 47 .535 3.0 St. Louis Cardinals 54 47 .535 3.0 Cincinnati Reds 51 60 .505 6.0 Chicago Cubs 41 59 .410 15.5
the chicago cubs
- Thoe Epstein is not happy about the Cardinals' competitive balance pick... (giggles) - CSN Chicago
- Anthony Rizzo promises to hit a home run for a cancer patient, then goes yard twice. - Cut4
- Aaron terrifies us about the future Cubs in this preview. - Viva el Birdos
- Bleed Cubbie Blue does a preview, too! - Bleed Cubbie Blue
- More Cubs info available at BCB. - Bleed Cubbie Blue
viva el stuff...
- Ben Cerutti (formerly stlfan) knocks out three great fanposts about trading Neshek or Choate, the last 65 games, and Trevor Rosenthal. - Viva el Birdos; Viva el Birdos; Viva el Birdos
On the off day last Thursday, johnjf125 re-watched Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. - Viva el Birdos
dr. howl lists some top tens for us. - Viva el Birdos
A new name in the fanposts, WillGio, talks about the Cardinals and David Price. Stop in and say hello! - Viva el Birdos
- Don't forget about EvilFrog's Cardinals Care Raffle! - Viva el Birdos
- Craig wrote this fantastic article about Tony LaRussa that you do not want to miss! - Viva el Birdos
- Heckle Thomas Voeckler and he will stop in the middle of the race to yell back at you. Yeah, you bet you are sorry. - NBC Sports
- I hated the science fair so much in school. These kids went the extra mile. - College Humor
- This dad invented a device to fill up 100 water balloons and one time and he needs our help! (thanks to rockinhighsocks!) - Up Roxx
weekly scoreboard of shame:
|Tuesday, July 22||Rays||7||Cardinals||2||VEB Recap||DRB Recap|
|Wednesday, July 23||Rays||3||Cardinals||0||VEB Recap||DRB Recap|
Don't forget that you can send me links anytime you feel like it! Tweet me @lil_scooter93 or e-mail me at the address in my profile!