- Mike O'Neill (LF), 2 for 4, 2B, R
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 1 for 3, R
- Rafael Ortega (CF), 0 for 4
- Lee Stoppelman, 1.0 IP, K
- Justin Wright, 1.0 IP
I'm a little, just a little, concerned that James Ramsey hasn't been starting every game since returning from the DL. Hopefully they're just bringing him back in slowly.
- Charlie Tilson (CF), 2 for 3, SB, RBI
- Luke Voit (1B), 0 for 3, 3 Ks
- Anthony Garcia (DH), 1 for 4, 2B, K, R, RBI
- Jimmy Reed, 7 2/3 IP, 4 Ks, 0 BBs, HR, 9 Hits, 2 ER
- Danny Miranda, 1.0 IP, K, H
- Chris Perry, 1/3 IP
Tilson's power surge in June (4 homers, and 5 doubles) hasn't carried over much into July so far. His June homers account for all but one of his season total. Still, his season line looks good so far, despite a lackluster April.
Reed had his fourth successful start in as many tries at Palm Beach. His K:BB ratio there is 19:1, after posting an 62:18 ratio for Peoria.
- Vaughn Bryan (LF), 1 for 5, 2B, 4 Ks, R
- C.J. McElroy (CF), 2 for 4, 2 Ks
- Juan Herrera (SS), 1 for 3, 2 Ks, SB, RBI, Fielding Error
- Ronald Castillo (RF), 0 for 4, K
- Steve Bean (C), 1 for 4, 3 Ks
- Alex Reyes, 3 2/3 IP, 3 Ks, 2 BBs, 7 Hits, 4 Runs, 2 ER
Of all the prospects at Peoria this season -- Bryan, McElroy, Reyes, Kelly -- Herrera has maybe had the best season to date. He's looking like a very savvy return in the Rzepczynki trade.
- Darren Seferina (2B), 2 for 4, RBI
- Rowan Wick (RF), 1 for 2, HR, BB, K, 2 Runs, 3 RBI
- Jake Stone (1B), 1 for 4, K, R
- Nick Thompson (LF), 1 for 3, BB, K, R
- Brian O'Keefe (C), 1 for 3, BB, K, R
- Anderson Gerdel, 3.0 IP, 5 Ks, BB
Rowan Wick HR Watch: 13, leading the NY-Penn League by 3 homers.
- Edmundo Sosa (SS), 1 for 3
- Malik Collymore (2B), 1 for 3, RBI
- Elier Rodriguez (1B), 1 for 2, 2B, BB, 2 Runs
- Jorge L. Rodriguez, 5 2/3 IP, 4 Ks, BB, H, CG
They called this one early due to rain.
Sosa and Collymore are killing it with .293/.363/.463 and .323/.403/.538 lines respectively. It wouldn't be too surprising to see them promoted to a better short season league at this rate.
- Oscar Mercado (SS), 1 for 4, RBI
- Casey Turgeon (2B), 1 for 3, 2 BBs, K, 2 Runs
- Blake Drake (CF), 0 for 3, BB, Throwing Error
- Chris Rivera (3B), 0 for 5, 2 Ks
- Jose Godoy (C), 2 for 3, BB, Passed Ball
- Ian McKinney, 4 2/3 IP, 3 Ks, 2 BBs, 8 Hits, 3 ER
Highlighting how rough defense can be in the low minors, Godoy's PB was his sixth this year, and Drake's throwing error was his fourth error.
Springfield: Kyle Hald
Palm Beach: Kyle Helisek
Peoria: Chase Brookshire
State College: Cody Schumacher
Johnson City: Juan Perez