- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-3, R, 2B
- Cody Stanley (C): 2-3
- James Ramsey (CF): 0-1, K
- Starlin Rodriguez (PH/RF): 2-2, R, RBI
- Curt Smith (DH): 1-3, 2B, RBI, K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (1B): 0-3, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 0-3
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 0-3
- Rafael Ortega (RF/CF): 0-3
- Alex Mejia (SS): 1-2, 2B
- Jonathan Cornelius (SP): 6 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 0-3, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 0-2, BB, K
- Cody Stanley ((DH): 0-3, 2 K
- Curt Smith (1B): 1-3, 2 K
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 0-3, 3 K
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF): 1-3, K
- Rafael Ortega (CF): 0-2, BB, K
- Matt Williams (SS): 1-3, K
Travis Tartamella (C): 1-2
- Ryan Sherriff (SP): 3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Kevin Siegrist (RP): 1 IP, H, K
- Samuel Tuivailala (RP): 1 IP, BB, K
Justin Wright (RP): 0 IP, BB
- Mitch Harris (RP): 1 IP, K
- Springfield and Arkansas played a pair of 7 inning games to make up for Monday's rainout.
- James Ramsey started in center for the 1st game, but was lifted for Starlin Rodriguez in the 4th inning. The Post-Dispatches Joe Trezza reported that he experienced tightness in his oblique and is day to day. This must be an incredibly frustrating season for James Ramsey, he is having an excellent year at the plate, but has only appeared in 55 out of Springfield's 96 games due to injuries. Hopefully, this is only a minor setback and finishes the season strong, and maybe gets another late look in Memphis.
- The 2nd game was a bullpen start for both teams, and the Travelers bullpen was very, very good. They worked 7 scoreless innings, allowing 4 hits, no walks and they struck out 12 Springfield batters.
- Kevin Siegrist made his 2nd rehab appearance for Springfield. I was not able to find any reports on his velocity, but he threw 13 pitches, 9 of which were strikes, in his 1 inning.
- With it being a slow night in the system, and all of the minors, I really wish Springfield would have taken the DFR into consideration and provided a few more highlights.
- Edmundo Sosa (SS): 0-2, 2 R, BB, K, SB
- Magneuris Sierra (CF): 3-4, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Julian Barzilli (3B): 0-4
- Malik Collymore (2B): 2-3, R, RBI, K, SB
- Michael Pritchard (LF): 1-3, 2 RBI, SB
- Elier Rodriguez (C): 1-4, K
- Michael Massi (1B): 0-3, BB
- Ricardo Bautista (DH): 2-4, 2B
- DeAndre Asbury-Heath (RF): 0-4, K
Julio Mateo (SP): 5 IP, 9 H, 6 R, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
- Nicholas Frey (RP): 2 IP, 2 H, R
- Malik Collymore showed up in BP's minor league roundup. It is behind a pay wall, but the CliffsNotes version is that he is still raw since he was a high school pick from a cold climate (Ontario), but that his tools are starting to show a little bit in his 2nd trip through the GCL.
- The game was called in middle of the 8th due to rain.
BONUS DOMINICAN SUMMER LEAGUE COVERAGE:
- Allen Cordoba (SS): 2-4, 2 R, RBI, BB, SB
- Carlos Talavera (CF): 0-5, R, K
- Jonathan Rivera (LF): 1-5, RBI, 2 K
- Luis Bandes (RF): 2-4, 2 RBI, K
- Hector Linares (DH): 1-4, R, 2 K
- Dionenrys Pena (C): 1-4, R, 2 K, SB
- Henry Alvarado (1B): 1-4, R, 2 K
- Joaquin De La Cruz (3B): 0-1, R, 3 BB, K
- Wade Ynfante (2B): 0-4, RBI, 2 K
- David Oca (SP): 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K
- Juan Alvarez (RP): 3 IP, 2 H
- Impressively, the DSL Cardinals were able to score 7 runs in a game in which they struck out 13 times.
- Cardinals starter David Oca struck out 10 batters as well, so almost half of the outs in this contest came via strikeout.
Springfield: Kurt Heyer
Palm Beach: Jimmy Reed
Peoria: Alex Reyes
State College: Trey Nielsen
Johnson City: Ian McKinney