Memphis 7 Reno 2
- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-4, R, 2B, K
- Randal Grichuk (CF): 0-4, R, RBI
- Oscar Taveras (LF): 2-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 2-2, 2B, 3 RBI, 3 BB
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-4, R, HR, RBI
- Audry Perez (C): 0-4
- Pete Kozma (SS): 2-3, R, BB
- Tim Cooney (SP): 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, HR; 1-2, R, BB
- Eric Fornataro (RP): 1 IP, H
- Jose Almarante (RP): 1 IP, H
- The Redbirds jumped all over Reno's starter, Zeke Spruill, hanging 7 ER on him in just 4 innings of work.
- Taveras wasted no time getting back to business in AAA and Stephen Piscotty celebrated his return as well with his 20th double of the season while drawing three walks.
- Tim Cooney's last four starts: 28.2 IP, 17 H, 3 ER, 8 BB, 18 K
Tulsa 4 Springfield 3
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 2-5, K
- Jacob Wilson (2B): 1-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- James Ramsey (CF): 2-5, 2 K
- Jon Rodriguez (1B): 0-5, 2 K
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 1-5, R, 2 K, E
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF): 1-5, R
- Matt Williams (SS): 1-3, BB, K
- Aledmys Diaz (PH): 1-1, R
- Sam Gaviglio (SP): 6 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 K
- Wisdom committed his 16th error of the season in just 65 games. That's....too many, especially for a guy who was thought to be an above average third baseman coming into the season.
- Top prospect Jonathan Gray started for the Drillers, blanking Springfield over his 5 innings of work and striking out 5.
- Starlin Rodriguez is just 3 for 29 since getting promoted to Springfield 10 days ago. Oof.
Peoria 6 Clinton 5
- Vaughn Bryan (CF): 2-5, R
- Juan Herrera (SS): 1-5, RBI, K
- Justin Ringo (DH): 3-5, 2B, RBI
- Steve Bean (C): 2-5, R, HR, RBI, K
- Mason Katz (1B): 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, K
- Kenny Peoples-Walls (LF): 0-4
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 6 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, BB, K
- Chris Perry (RP): 1 IP, BB, K
- Zach Loraine (RP): 1 IP, 4 H, ER, HR
- Peoria rapped out 14 hits but left 9 on base, many of those in scoring position. They had multiple chances to break this game wide open and couldn't do it.
- Mason Katz hit his 10th and 11th homers of the season, both solo shots.
- Justin Ringo is hitting .447/.512/.816 in his first 42 PA's with Peoria with 5 doubles and 3 home runs among his 17 hits. Great start in A ball for the 23 year old lefty from Stanford.
Williamsport 8 State College 2
- Andrew Sohn (SS): 0-4, R, K
- Adam Erlich (DH): 0-3
- Nick Thompson (LF): 1-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Rowan Wick (RF): 1-4, K
- Brian O'Keefe (C): 0-3
- Rafael Medina (3B): 0-3
- Collin Radack (CF): 0-3
- Ian McKinney (SP): 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Kyle Grana (RP): 1.2 IP, 2 H, ER, 3 K
- Sohn, Thompson, O'Keefe, and Radack were all 2014 draftees who quickly signed and were sent directly to State College to start their seasons.
- Thompson homered in just his 13th professional AB.
- Ian McKinney pitched well in his Penn League debut, allowing just a pair of runs over 5 innings while striking out five and walking one.
- Kyle Grana allowed 3 inherited runners to score after entering the game in the 6th inning in relief of Jeff Barkley, who was able to get just one out while being charged with 5 ER and allowing Williamsport to break the game open.
Palm Beach: Petree
State College: Martinez
DSL Cardinals: TBA