You sit in your cubicle all day, or your office, or your tractor, and you toil away at your work. Maybe you find a critical error in your data, maybe your hay conditioner breaks down, or maybe a steel door comes crashing down on you, crushing your finger and sending you to the emergency room, ultimately requiring several surgeries and metal pins to repair. Maybe it is just a normal day. You go home, grateful for the opportunity to finally relax, microwave some leftovers, order a pizza, or throw something on the stove, sit down on your couch, put your feet up, turn on the television and...
Later that same week you do the same thing.
No Cardinal baseball for two days of this week. Welcome to Bud Selig's America.
Welcome... to Hell. - Twitter
Other Things Going On in Baseball...
- So this happened. - Twitter; Cut4
- Manny Machado apoligizes for throwing a temper tantrum like a child, or something like that. - SBNation
- Yoenis Cespedes makes an insane throw, but this Jose Gullien throw is just bonkers. - SBNation
Even more great throws! - Sports on Earth
- Oh Ruben Amaro... ouch. - SBNation
- It is Blossom! - MLB
- Sonofa! - MLB
- The story of Cooperstown, the birthplace of baseball. - MLB
- Maybe Yadier Molina is secretly our manager, guys... Nah.. - Cut4
- Former Cy Young winner and 27 game winner, Bob Welch, has passed at the age of 57 from an apparent heart attack. - MLB
This is a great article written by a woman he taught to pitch. I very much recommend it. - SBNation
Here he is striking out Reggie Jackson. - Cut4
- Vox does this very interesting interview with Dr. James Andrews. You know... that guy. - VOX
- If you have some time to kill and are interested in reading about the struggles of Cuban athletes, this is a very well done article. - SBNation
What the Cardinals are Up To...
- Well at least someone was enjoying the off day
Just a LOT going on here. #stlcards pic.twitter.com/HczPifU8ls— Matt Sebek (@MattSebek) June 9, 2014
- The draft is over, now it is time to get those boys signed! - STL Today
Here is an easy way to keep track of who was signed. - MLB Daily Dish
And here is a tracker fourstick is keeping for just the Cards. - Google Docs
- James Ramsey returns to Springfield
Per @karybooherNL, James Ramsey has returned from the DL & is in the starting lineup for AA Springfield. .305/.393/.583 w/11 HRs in 2014.— viva el birdos (@vivaelbirdos) June 10, 2014
- Is Adam Wainwright the most valuable pitcher in the game? How much did you freak out when you heard of his arm soreness? - 101.1 ESPN
- BIG MAYO! - Hardball Talk
- Joe Cuda, a Cardinals minor leaguer playing for Palm Beach, is trying to earn money for kids battling cancer. Learn more about it and how to donate here. - Stay Classy
- Cardinal70 looks into the Jaime Garcia narrative. No not that... or that one. Yes that one - the one about him doing better at home than on the road. - Cards Conclave
- It was only a matter of time before Jon Hamm got his own bobblehead. - Hardball Talk
- The Best Podcast in Baseball packs a punch this week as Miklasz and Goold discuss Waino's injury, whether Oscar Taveras should stay, Yadi needing rest, and even Matt Holliday critics. - STL Today
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
The NL Central
- Mat Latos could rejoin the Reds rotation Saturday. - Hardball Talk
- Gregory Polanco has been called up and looks to make an impact. - Sports on Earth
Milwaukee Brewers 40 27 .597 St. Louis Cardinals 34 32 .515 Pittsburgh Pirates 32 34 .485 Cincinnati Reds 31 34 .477 Chicago Cubs 26 38 .406
The Worshington Nationals
- So the Nats are in first place for various reasons. - Cut4
- Ryan Zimmerman will move back to third when Bryce Harper returns in early July. - Hardball Talk
- Fink does his preview thing. - Viva el Birdos
- Federal Baseball has that preview, but will be publishing a Part II soon. - Federal Baseball
- More Nats info can be found at their SBN blog! - Federal Baseball
Viva el Stuff...
- An old friend stopped by and he needs our help! - Viva el Birdos
- Trade ideas are brewing. - Viva el Birdos; Viva el Birdos
- An update on the Cardinals All Star chances. - Viva el Birdos
- What is happenin' in Viva el League. - Viva el Birdos
- I forgot to link this, but Craig was on KMOX a while back. Joe was interviewed last night! - KMOX
- Viva el Run is back! If you are interested in running or donating, click this link. - Cardinals Care
- Matt Holliday cannot have a season below 4 WAR, or bad things will happen. - Viva el Archives
- Watch this Russian man boil soda and completely ruin a perfectly good bowl. Also, gross. - Women's Health
- Shelby Osborne becomes college football's first female defensive back. - SBNation
- The World Cup has begun. Watch Rams punter, Johnny Hekker, and defensive end, Chris Long, battle in FIFA. - STL Rams
- Also Rams related, Head Coach Jeff Fisher has his third annual celebrity softball game. - STL Rams
- The Stanley Cup Finals are nearly over- or just beginning. The Kings hold a 3-1 lead over the Rangers. - SBNation
- The NBA Finals are almost over, too (or will be lasting a lot longer), as the Spurs go back to San Antonio with a 3-1 lead of the Heat. - SBNation
- The World Cup! - SBNation
- It is Father's Day this Sunday! Have a wonderful and happy Father's Day! - Parade
For Father's Day, MLBTV is now $49.99 until Sunday. - MLBTV
|Tuesday, June 10||Cardinals||1||Rays||0||VEB Recap||DRB Recap|
|Wednesday, June 11||Cardinals||3||Rays||6||VEB Recap||DRB Recap|
Tonight Lance Lynn and the Cardinals look to rebound against Jordan Zimmermann and the Nationals. The game starts at 7:15pm CST and will be broadcast on good ole Fox Sports Midwest, WUSA 9 and MASN 2 for those in the Capital, MLB Network. The radio broadcast can found on KMOX 1120, and in DC 106.7 The Fan and WFED 1500.
Don't forget to send me links or whatever! E-mail me at email@example.com or tweet me @lil_scooter93!