Oklahoma City @ Memphis (PPD)
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 2-4, R
- Cody Stanley (C): 1-4, K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (DH): 0-4, K
- Jacob Wilson (2B): 1-3, R
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 1-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, 2 K
- Matt Williams (RF): 2-3, SB
- Jonathan Cornelius (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Justin Wright (RP): 2 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- Patrick Wisdom's 2nd inning 3 run homer was his 5th of the season.
- Wisdom's home run was all the Springfield pitching staff would need. Jonathan Cornelius had one of his better outings this year. His 7 IP equaled his longest outing this season. Justin Wright contributed two scoreless innings as well.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 2-4, R, 3B, RBI, BB
- Nick Martini (RF): 1-5, R, RBI, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 1-5, SB
- Luke Voit (DH): 2-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, K
- Starlin Rodriguez (LF): 0-3, BB
- Casey Rasmus (C): 2-4, R, RBI
- Thomas Lee (SP): 6 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 1 K
- Samuel Tuivailala (RP): IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 K
- Thomas Lee's walk rate has fallen every time he has moved up a level, starting at 4.1% in rookie ball, dropping down to 2.6% at Peoria last year, and getting all the way down to 1.6% this year. Unfortunately, his K% rate which started at 26% in rookie ball has fallen as well, dropping below 16% this year. Last night was a typical Lee outing this season, as he pitched to contact. 9 balls in play fell for hits and another 2 went for errors, which lead to a run in the 2nd and 3 more runs in the 5th.
- After the giving up the lead in the 5th, Palm Beach was still able to make it a 1 run game in the 7th, but Sam Tuivailala gave up 3 in the 8th and Daytona put the game out of reach.
- Breyvic Valera's stolen base was his team leading 11th of the season. He set a career high with 13 stolen bags in 2013.
Kane County 5 - Peoria 4
- C.J. McElroy (CF): 2-5, SB
- Vaughn Bryan (CF): 3-5, R, 2B
- Juan Herrera (SS): 3-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K, SB
- Carson Kelly (C): 2-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls (LF): 1-5, RBI, 2 K
- Gerwuins Velazco (DH): 1-3, BB, K
- Richy Pedroza (2B): 1-4, R
- Blake McKnight (SP): 6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Brandon Lee (RP): 1.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, HR
- Blake McKnight had a rough 1st inning, giving up a triple to the 1st batter he faced and allowing 1 run 2 hits and 1 walk total. He settled in after that until running into trouble in the 6th. McKnight allowed 2 baserunners before giving way to Brandon Lee. Lee allowed 1 of his inherited runners to score along with 3 of his own when he gave up a grand slam later in the inning. The home run put Kane County ahead for good, although Peoria would rally late.
- Carson Kelly's home run was his 4th of the season and his 2nd in the last 5 days. Kelly also threw out the only Cougar who attempted a stolen base, made a putout on a play at the plate and picked off a runner.
- Juan Herrera's stolen base was his team leading 19th of the season, C.J. McElroy's was his 10th.
- The top of the Peoria lineup drove the offense, the 1st 4 hitters went 10-18, 3 R, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI, 2 BB, K.
Memphis (Gm 1): Angel Castro
Memphis (Gm 2): Tim Cooney
Palm Beach: Joe Cuda
Peoria: Mike Holback