Memphis 7 - Colorado Springs 5
- Kolten Wong (2B): 2-4, 2 R, BB, SB
- Joey Butler (LF): 1-3, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K
- Oscar Taveras (CF): 1-5, RBI, 2 K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 2-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Shane Robinson (PH): 0-1
- Pete Kozma (SS): 0-2, RBI, K
- Jermaine Curtis (3B): 2-3, 2 R, BB
- Tim Cooney (SP): 5 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 2 HR
- Lee Stoppelman (RP): 2 IP, 2 BB, 2 K
- David Aardsma (RP): IP, H, BB
- This was definitely not Tim Cooney's most efficient outing. He allowed 11 hits and 2 homers in 5 innings, but Stoppelman, Almarante and Aardsma were able to blank Colorado Springs for the final 3 innings.
- Oscar Tavaras extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
- Stephen Piscotty had his first multi-hit game since April 25th and hit his 7th double of the year.
- David Aardsma appears to be have settled in as the closer. He has picked up the team's last 3 saves.
Springfield 7 - Northwest Arkansas 3
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-2, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, CS
- James Ramsey (DH): 2-5, R
- Cody Stanley (C): 2-4, R, RBI
- David Popkins (RF): 1-3, R, K
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 2-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, K
- Kyle Hald (SP): 5.2 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, BB, 6 K, HR
- Kyle Hald was on his way to having his best start in the Texas League since being called up to backfill the rotation after Zach Petrick was called up to Memphis. He had struck out 6 and walked 1 and only allowed 1 run, when he allowed a 2 run homer with 2 outs in the 6th. Hald had walked 4 batters in each of his 1st 2 Texas League starts.
- Patrick Wisdom's 6th inning homer was his 1st of the year. The 3 run shot blew the game open in the 6th.
Palm Beach 8 - Fort Myers 2
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-5, R, 2 RBI, K
- Bruce Caldwell (DH): 1-2, BB
- Starlin Rodriguez (PH/DH): 0-2, K
- David Washington (1B): 1-5, R, HR, RBI, 2 K
- Jacob Wilson (3B): 2-4, R, BB, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 3-5, 3 R, 2 3B, RBI, K
- Casey Rasmus (C): 2-4, R, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 0-2, BB, K
- Thomas Lee (SP): 6 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 3 K
- Dixon Llorens (RP): IP, BB, 2 K
- This was the 1st DFR appearance of the year for Bruce Caldwell. He was added to Palm Beach's roster when Matt Williams went up to Springfield to replace Aledmys Diaz after the Cuban SS was placed on the 7 day DL.
- The Bad News: Dixon Llorens has allowed 11 walks in only 14.1 innings this year.
- The Good News: Dixon Llorens has racked up 23 strikeouts in only 14.1 innings this year.
- David Washington is doing his best Jhonny Peralta impression, batting .183 with 6 home runs.
Peoria 14 - Beloit 10
- C.J. McElroy (CF): 3-6, 3 R, RBI
- Jimmy Bosco (LF): 1-4, 2 R, 2 BB, K
- Juan Herrera (SS): 2-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Ronald Castillo (RF): 2-6, R, 2 RBI
- Steven Bean (C): 1-1, R, RBI, 4 BB
- Matthew Young (DH): 1-5, R, HR, 3 RBI, K
- Mason Katz (2B): 0-2, 3 R, 3 BB
- C.J. McElroy reached base 11 times in the 4 game sweep of the Snappers.
Probables for Monday 5/2/14:
Memphis (Petrick) v. Colorado Springs (Friedrich)
Northwest Arkansas (Melville) v. Springfield (Blair)
Fort Myers (Hurlbut) v. Palm Beach (C. Jones)
Peoria (S. Garcia) v. Cedar Rapids (Jorge)
In case you missed it (as I apparently did) Jaime Garcia and Jason Motte are scheduled to appear in Sunday's game for Springfield, per a tweet from The Springfield News-Leader's Kary Booher.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jason Motte is scheduled to start his rehab on Sunday, when he will follow Jaime Garcia. Could be great day game: 2:10 start & temps in 80s</p>— Kary Booher (@karybooherNL) <a href="https://twitter.com/karybooherNL/statuses/461992958212849664">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>