Omaha 8 Memphis 4
- Greg Garcia (2B): 0-3, BB, K
- Randal Grichuk (CF): 0-4, K
- Stephen Piscotty (LF): 1-4, R
- Tommy Pham (DH): 2-3, R, 3B, HR, 2 RBI
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 0-4, 2 K
- Audrey Perez (C): 0-3, K
- Pete Kozma (SS): 1-3, 2B
- Shane Robinson (RF): 2-4
- Tim Cooney (SP) 4 IP, 5 H, 6 ER, 5 BB, 2 K, 4 HR
- Cooney clearly didn't have the good stuff today, giving up four homers in his four innings while walking five hitters in the process. Even after this rough outing, however, Cooney's ERA rose to only 3.74 on the year -- goes to show how dominant he's been so far this season.
- Shane Robinson continues to play RF in nearly every game the last 10 days with Stephen Piscotty moving over the LF. Not sure if this is just Pop Warner commanding the lineup card or if the organization isn't happy with Piscotty's play in RF.
Arkansas 9 - Springfield 3
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-5
- Jacob Wilson (2B): 1-5, K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (DH): 0-3, BB, K
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, K
- Rafael Ortega (RF): 1-4, R, K
- Matt Williams (SS): 1-1, RBI, 2 BB
- David Popkins (RF): 2-3, R
- Seth Blair (SP): 6.1 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 2 HR
- Blair allowed just two baserunners through the first three frames, then ran into trouble in the third with a couple of singles before the a three run bomb by Jett Bandy (great name!!!), then gave up a double and another homer in the 4th inning. His stuff doesn't seem quite good enough to stand on it's own and when he loses his command, he tends to get hit all over the ballpark.
- Patrick Wisdom isn't making any better contact, but he's certainly making it count when he does, with 5 extra base hits in his last 10 games and slugging .589 over that span.
- M.A.S.H. Report: James Ramsey was nursing some bruises after a crash into the outfield wall on Friday and is day-to-day after missing the last two games. Springfield manager Mike Schildt commented after the Sunday game that Aledmys Diaz was close to returning but would not speculate on a date for it.
Tampa 5 - Palm Beach 4
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 4-4, R, RBI, BB, CS
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF): 1-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- David Washington (1B): 0-4, 2 K
- Alex Mejia (SS): 1-5, R, 2 K
- Mike Mayers (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Kyle Barraclough (RP): 0.1, 2 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, K
- Mr. Consistent had one heck of a series, going 10-15 and reaching base 12 times in 17 plate appearances over the weekend. He's now hitting .375 over his last 10 games and .339/.386/.414 on the year.
- Mike Mayers pitched an absolute gem of a ball game, shame Kyle Barraclough couldn't get more than one out before surrendering a 3 run lead in the 9th inning and going on to lose the game. Mayers has 5 quality starts in 8 games started this season and is another impressive pitcher for the Cardinals to come out of the Ole Miss college program.
Wisconsin 7 Peoria 1
C.J. McElroy (CF): 1-3, BB
- Juan Herrera (SS): 1-4, RBI, SB
- Carson Kelly (DH): 0-4, 2 K
- Kenny Peoples-Walls (LF): 3-6, R, 2 K
- Steve Bean (C):1-3, 2B, BB, K
- Mason Katz (2B): 0-3, 2 K
- Arturo Reyes (SP): 6.2 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 8 K
- What a weird game: Peoria pushed across a run in the first inning and led until the 9th inning, when Wisconsin was able to tie the game on a Michael Ratterree homer. Then went on to pound Chiefs reliever Jeff Rauh into submission in the 10th inning, putting up a 6 spot on him before first baseman Jake Stone went to the mound to get the last out.
- Herrera stole his 17th base of the season and his 5th of the series, running wild on the Rattlers' batteries all weekend long.
Palm Beach: Petree
Peoria: Alex Reyes
A good day for starting pitchers in the minors -- every one of the slated starters has been solid on the bump so far this season.