- Kolten Wong (2B), 0 for 4, K
- Randal Grichuk (DH), 1 for 4, 2 Ks
- Oscar Taveras (CF), 1 for 3, BB, K
- Stephen Piscotty (LF), 2 for 4
- Shane Robinson (RF), 2 for 4, K, SB, R
- Jaime Garcia, 5.0 IP, 3 Hits, 2 BB, 5 Ks, HR, 2 ER
Jaime Garcia threw 74 pitches in his five innings, and 45 of those pitches went for strikes. I haven't seen anything yet regarding the timing of Garcia's return to the major league club, but this was a pretty solid performance.
I cannot explain why Shane Robinson was in RF instead of Stephen Piscotty.
- Charlie Tilson (CF), 2 for 4, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 0 for 4
- Starlin Rodriguez (LF), 1 for 4, 2B, RBI
- Anthony Garcia (DH), 1 for 4
- Casey Rasmus (C), 1 for 4, K, RBI
- Mike Mayers, 7.0 IP, 8 Hits, 4 Runs, 3 ER, BB, 2 Ks, HR
Casey Rasmus is now hitting .343/.351/.429 in his last 10 games. He hits pretty well in 27 games across High A and AA last year; I'm excited to see what he can do over the full season once he gets a promotion. He'd be a fun backup C to have, I think.
Springfield was rained out.
Peoria was double-rained out.
Memphis: Zach Petrick
Springfield: Game 1 -- Kyle Hald, Game 2 -- Seth Blair
Palm Beach: Nick Petree
Peoria: Game 1 -- Arturo Reyes, Game 2 -- Alex Reyes