Memphis was off.
- Rafael Ortega (CF), 0 for 5, K
- James Ramsey (RF), 0 for 4, BB, K, R
- Aledmys Diaz (DH), 2 for 5, HR, SB, K, 2 Runs, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Rodriguez (1B), 3 for 4, 2B, 3B, BB, R, RBI
- Cody Stanley (C), 0 for 3, K, Throwing Error, RBI
- Sam Gaviglio, 5.0 IP, 6 Runs, 2 ER, 3 BBs, 4 Ks, 1 HR
- Anthony Ferrara, 2 2/3 IP, H, BB, K, 0 ER
So far this year Gaviglio has the same number of BBs as he did in 2013, only in half the number of innings and with half the strikeouts.
Anthony Ferrara was moved to the bullpen this year. So far, i.e. a month into the season, his ERA looks fine, but his K:BB ratio is still 5-4.
Cody Stanley allowed four stolen bases in this game, including three to Arkansas CF Lane Adams. Adams now has 5 SBs on the year total, though he did have 38 last year and was caught just 6 times.
- Charlie Tilson (DH), 0 for 4
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF), 2 for 4, K, R
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 1 for 2, BB, K, Sac Bunt, SB
- Casey Rasmus (C), 0 for 4, K, PB
- Anthony Garcia (LF), 1 for 4, K, R
- Mike Mayers, 6.0 IP, 4 Hits, ER, 6 Ks, 0 BBs
- Iden Nazario, 3.0 IP, H, K
Valera continues to be very successful, relying on good contact, a high BABIP, and decent walk rate to post a plus batting average and OBP. It has made him a valuable hitter, despite a complete absence of power. Hopefully we'll see him replicate that at AA later this season.
Mets prospect Brandon Nimmo went 0 for 4 in this game with 2 strikeouts.
- C.J. McElroy (CF), 0 for 4, 2 Ks
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls (DH), 0 for 3, BB, K
- Ronald Castillo (RF), 2 for 4, 2B, K, R
- Steve Bean (C), 0 for 3, K, PB, RBI
- Arturo Reyes, 5.0 IP, 3 Hits, 2 BBs, 2 Ks, 0 HR, 0 ER
- Kyle "Bear Claw" Barraclough, 1.0 IP, H, 2 Ks
I hadn't heard Bear Claw's name in a while, but he was a 7th round pick in 2012, the same draft that the Cardinals picked his college teammate Patrick Wisdom. He missed most of last year due to an injury it seems, and pitched just 3 1/3 innings in the GCL.
Memphis: Boone Whiting (against Justin Germano!)
Springfield: Jonathan Cornelius
Palm Beach: Joe Cuda