Fanpost of Note
Dr. Howl continued his series of 2014 forecasts with:
- Joe celebrated Aledmys Diaz's MLB spring-training game debut by compiling some video of his past exploits.
- In the game thread post, Aaron set the scene for the Cards-Stros matchup.
- I analyzed Out Percentage (negative flip side of OBP) and the 2014 Cardinals.
- I wrote up the series of roster moves the Cardinals announced on Sunday, including naming Joe Kelly their fifth starter to open the season and reassigning Diaz to minor-league camp.
- WyoCardsFan graced us with his main page debut, a recap of the Cards-Astros game.
- Fourstick gave us a report on the weekend in Cardinals minor-league camp.
- Aaron launched his Fourth Annual VEB Predictions Contest (with prizes).
- I examined the Cardinals' rationale in choosing Kelly over Carlos Martinez for the rotation, but was left unconvinced it was a good decision.
- Craig analyzed how Matt Holliday has avoided the decline of age to date.
- Lil' Scooter provided us with her Hunt & Peck weekend links.
- Craig tackled the Cardinals' Martinez strategy.
- I took a gander at Keith Butler, Jorge Rondon, and Scott McGregor, the three righties who were the finalists for the ultimate bullpen spot (at the time).
- I dove into Major League service and free-agency eligibility under the baseball CBA.
- Aaron previewed the Cards-Fish exhibition in the game thread post.
- stlcardsfan4 wrote his first recap (and even included a pic of his homemade scorecard).
- In the Daily Farm Report, Cardinals645 broke down the prior day's minor-league goings on, including scoreless outings for Tim Cooney, Cory Jones, and Alex Reyes.
- I had some fun with the stats of springtime.
- RB delivered his tenth MLB draft preview, this one focusing on high-school hurlers.
- Joe explained why Michael Wacha is not Adam Wainwright.
- Aaron explored Natitude while providing a backdrop for the Cards-Nats game.
- Dr. Howl made his recap debut.
- The Daily Farm Report, which was co-authored by Cardinals645 and fourstick, detailed Sam Gaviglio's solid outing and some minor-league cuts by the Cards.
- In the Writers Roundtable, we made our 2014 MLB awards predictions for MVP, Cy Young, and Rookie of the Year.
- In the first installment of the VEB 2014 NL Central Preview, Joe dug into the Cincinnati Reds, including a Q&A with our SBN sister site Red Reporter.
- The Cardinals somehow played the Marlins yet again and Aaron set the scene for spring's final game.
- I opined on why the Cardinals will win the World Series.
- Fourstick detailed in the Daily Farm Report how, early in spring, Oscar Mercado and Edmundo Sosa are giving us reason to believe they might have a pair of shortstops who can hit.
- I considered the uninspiring situation that is the competition for the Cards' final bullpen spot.
- Craig previewed the 2014 Milwaukee Brewers.
- Lil' Scooter hunted, pecked, and gave us the week in links.