I have just arrived home after seeing the conclusion to the Veronica Mars series that was nearly seven years in the making. I am completely unsurprised at the ending, but I am satisfied and happy.
We all knew a series like that couldn't end the way it did - couldn't stay dead. Now we can all relax, at peace, knowing that we finally received the one thing the series alone wasn't able to give us: Closure. - STL Today
Other Things Going On in Baseball...
- Manny Machado is having a tough recovery after his ghastly injury near the end of last season. He still hasn't been able to run and obviously isn't cleared to play. - MLB
- This is the tale of two home-runs.
One was completely crushed by Mike Trout. - MLB
And this one from Adam Eaton is impressive in a different way. - MLB
- Oh my goodness, baseball starts March 22 and I had no idea Grant Balfour was Australian. - Sports on Earth
- Here is an adorable video to get you through the day, but really that girl should probably not be standing there. I mean, they put up a little chain for a reason, young lady. What if your hero, Derek Jeter, had hit a foul ball right in your face? You are lucky, Kiddo. - Cut4
- This video hurts me in so many ways. Just when I think I am over it, you know? I try to remember we have moved on to Matt Carpenter and Kolten Wong and they are just better for us, but I cannot forget the good times we shared. If you watch the other David Freese highlights, they have all been two-out, RBI hits. - MLB
What the Cardinals Are Up To...
- Although we shouldn't expect him in the bullpen until May, Jason Motte is progessing and throwing to live hitters. - Hardball Talk
- In the spirit of March Madness, Cardinal70 at Cards Conclave has come up with a "Favorite Living Cardinal" bracket. It looks pretty fun to me and the more participation, the better! - Cards Conclave
- Ballpark Village Commissioner and fellow VEBer, AKA our man on the inside, is on Twitter. Follow him @BPVCommish for all BPV details and pictures, trivia, and Cardinals facts. - Twitter
- A few weeks ago I posted a link about former Cardinal pitcher Kyle McClellan running a half marathon in order to raise money the IDADEE Orphanage. This link explains why he chose to do this work and teaming up with Adam Wainwright. - MLB
Here is the link to donate to his charity. - Brace For Impact
- I am currently in the middle of reading Purpose, Perseverance, and Power Arms: The 2013 St. Louis Cardinals and I am pretty impressed so far. It has been fun reliving the season in the written form. - Amazon
- Aledmys Diaz makes his Cardinal debut going 2 - 4 with two singles and walk. Oscar Taveras also gets a start. - STL Today
- The Redbirds have made more updates to the Spring Training roster. bgh is on top of it. - Viva el Birdos
- One has been healthy, one hasn't. One is a decent prospect, one is highly touted. Who will (or should) prevail in the war between Stephen Piscotty and OT? - Mad em Dashes
- I am pretty sure it was Jon Jay's birthday on March 15. I don't really have link for this, but I just thought everyone should know. - Baseball Reference
- Congratulations are due to ROOGY Pat Neshek and his family as they have welcomed a new addition to the family.
So happy to announce the arrival of Hoyt Robert Neshek - 3/13/14 - He's a tough little guy! pic.twitter.com/3cFBZC4nP9— Pat Neshek (@PatNeshek) March 17, 2014
KNOW THY ENEMY...
- This dog, guys. And they said there was no such thing as a happy ending? - Cut4
- The Cubs are almost like the little brother that tries to copy everything you do. I say that condescendingly, but if they do end up better than the Cards, I will be super annoyed. (WARNING: This link has two super annoying, auto-playing, videos that almost got me in trouble.) - CSN Chicago
|Friday, March 14
|Saturday, March 15
|Sunday, March 16