Lil' Scooter's Airing of Grievances
(Since my family is not gathered around, I am just going to do general grievances)
- People who put raisins in cookies - I don't like to be tricked
- Whoever had the great idea to cancel Veronica Mars after only three seasons - you are a monster
- The people responsible for the MLB Hall of Fame voting rules - they stink and keep Hall of Fame caliber players out of The Hall
- My school - you take my money, yet don't let me send my mail there
- The MLB replay rule makers - why can we not review fair/foul on the infield?
- Mike Matheny - WHY WOULD YOU PUT IN A COMPROMISED MICHAEL WACHA WITH THE SEASON ON THE LINE?!
what else is going on in baseball...
- If you were ever curious how Dan Szymborski got started in building models and creating ZiPS, this is the link for you. - Blue Hill Research
- Tyson Kendrick, Howie Kendrick's son, gave the interview we have all been waiting for. - Cut4
- Vin Scully lost his 1988 World Series ring for nine minutes. - MLB Fancave
- How do teams value Five-Plus players? - Baseball Prospectus
Ben looked at this earlier this week. - Viva el Birdos
- Here is an interesting look at aging curves by a member of the Fangraphs community. - Fangraphs
- Here is a look at the best players that were traded before age twenty-five. - Sports on Earth
- Happy birthday to Steve Carlton!
Yes, Steve Carlton is 70 today. Happy Birthday to Lefty! pic.twitter.com/CmNecmzCMj— Phillies (@Phillies) December 22, 2014
- The Rockies are finally willing to discuss possible trades for Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzales. - MLB
- Who is Herman Long and how did he receive twenty percent of the Hall of Fame voting in 1936? - Baseball Past and Present
- The Dodgers will pay $18 million of Matt Kemp's salary in 2015. Matt Kemp's 2015 salary is $21 million. - True Blue LA
- A store in Joplin, Missouri is selling "Royals 2014 World Series Champions" shirts. - McCovey Chronicles
what the cardinals are up to...
- Some articles from the Mothership:
A look at the Cardinals' new scouting director. - STL Today
FSM will re-air some key Cardinals' games on Christmas day. - STL Today
Some Cardinals minor leaguers won awards. Does that mean anything for their future? - STL Today
- Marco Gonzales earns the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year award while Magneuris Sierra (great name) earned Player of the Year. - Cards Conclave
- Eric wrote about the Minor League Awards as well. - Viva el Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
And, of course, you can send me any and all links you find interesting! E-mail me at email@example.com or tweet me @lil_scooter93.